To be eligible for an award, a candidate must be entered for, or have taken, all the required units. Find out more about why they might appear ineligible.
Why isn't my candidate eligible?
Candidates could appear to be ineligible for a number of reasons:
- Errors in the Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI)
- Incorrect award/specification (cash-in) codes
- Credit has not been transferred
- Candidate does not have the required units
- Claiming a DiDA qualification or GCE in Applied Subjects
- Resit requirements
The UCI is used to aggregate candidate units for modular qualifications. Each candidate must have one UCI across all of their records to gain an overall result.
Please take care to ensure all details are correct when entering your candidates.
You can check that the UCIs and personal details are correct in your MIS or on Edexcel Online. If a candidate has results with more than one UCI, please contact us to make the corrections.
If the credit transfer has not yet been completed, the candidate may show as ineligible. Please contact us if you have any concerns.