BTEC International Level 3
BTEC International Level 3 are career-foused qualifications that provide students aged 16+ with the industry skills they need to progress to employment or further and higher education.
Why BTEC International Level 3?
- ENIC benchmarked to show comparability against the UK and European qualification frameworks (England’s RQF and European EQF). Find more information on ENIC benchmark (PDF, 403 KB)
- Allows learners to apply knowledge and skills to their local vocational environment and context
- Recognised by many universities worldwide, as an entry level qualification to relevant courses
- Delivered at schools and colleges in 50 countries
- Designed to be flexible to fit in with existing curriculum requirements
- Recognised by many governments worldwide as a valued education route into Higher Education as well as direct progression into employment
- Available in 5 varied sizes:
- Subsidiary Diploma
- Foundation Diploma
- Extended Diploma
Thinking about introducing BTEC to your curriculum or offering more BTEC courses in your centre for your learners?
Explore our Level 3 subjects below, and discover our full qualification suite with our A-Z finder. Find out how to become an approved centre and learn more about the BTEC Delivery Cycle.
Our Pearson BTEC International qualifications have been developed to fulfil the specific skillsets required by industry. Learn more about our current partnerships to see how we work closely with each partner to develop propositions that works for both industry and the learner.
Universities have indicated that they will consider one or more of the BTEC International Level 3 qualifications as an entry qualification to relevant courses. Students should be aware that university admission criteria are always subject to change and understand the course entry requirements for both subject and grade before applying.
This list is continually being updated as we receive acceptances from universities.
Interested in teaching BTEC International Level 3 qualifications?