Pearson Remote Invigilation
Our Remote Invigilation service, an innovative approach to onscreen assessment services, is live. Learners will be able to take their assessments at home or work, without the need for an invigilator to be in the room.
This service offers greater flexibility in terms of location and reducing travel times for both the learner and the assessor, as well as providing both a short and long-term solution for invigilation of onscreen assessments. This service is available for our reformed Functional Skills onscreen English and maths tests as well as our onscreen EPA tests.
To tell us that you want to use this new serice, Complete our Intention to Offer form
Once we confirm that you have been set up, you will be able to book your learners' tests in the usual way, with the additional option to select for the test to be taken with remote invigilation using our proctoring solution.
Remote invigilation is a way for a learner to take an assessment in their home or work environment at a time and date that fits around their working/home life, whilst still ensuring the security and integrity of the test.
By taking tests in this way, learners will access their tests in a suitable environment at a time that fits in to their home/work life. The learner will be invigilated via their webcam, smart phone camera and through screenshare.
It will provide a secure online environment which enables the learner to complete their tests at a time and place that suit their needs.
Our Remote Invigilation service will monitor a learner immediately before and throughout their assessment test.
Centres will discuss the suitability of using remote invigilation with their learner sharing all guidance and support with them.
Centres will book their learner onto this service once the learner has returned the signed Learner Declaration form. Ahead of their test, the learner will receive email information from Pearson asking them to complete some initial checks and steps to ensure that their equipment meets the requirements of taking a test in this manner. It is important to follow each of these steps and checks of the process to ensure that the assessment runs as smoothly as possible for the learner.
Centres will check-in with their learners before the assessment to ensure they have passed all of the checks and that they are prepared to take their assessment, they will also check-in with their learners after the assessment to ensure that everything went as expected.
On completion of the test, the learner's responses will be uploaded to Pearson and move through our marking processes as usual with results being made available to the centre in the normal way and within our usual SLAs.
Pearson will carry out detailed reviews of all tests being taken using our Remote Invigilation service to ensure that all test requirements are being met and the security of our assessments is being maintained. If there are any issues with remotely invigilated tests, Pearson will contact and work with the centre immediately.
All tests will be thoroughly reviewed by Pearson from three recordings: webcam, mobile camera and screenshare.
This allows Pearson immediate access to reviewable evidence of tests so action can be taken promptly if required and it also provides consistency of standardisation of invigilation. This format of invigilation is an active deterrent for cheating or any other form of misconduct.
- Reformed Functional Skills English Reading Level 1
- Reformed Functional Skills English Reading Level 2
- Reformed Functional Skills English Writing Level 1
- Reformed Functional Skills English Writing Level 2
- Reformed Functional Skills Mathematics Level 1
- Reformed Functional Skills Mathematics Level 2
- End-point Assessment (EPA)
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before signing up to use our Remote Invigilation Service.
*Includes pricing information.
The interim solution for FS/EPA Centre Remote invigilation came to an end on 18 June, 2021 as our Remote Invigilation service is now live.
To ensure learners are not disadvantaged and can continue their learning journey, we will continue to offer Employer Remote Invigilation service for those learners who are unable to access Remote Invigilation from home or access a provider location. To use this service, please complete the Remote Invigilation |Exemption request form
''We have been utilising the new proctored testing solution over recent months and it has had a significant positive impact upon our offer. The new system allows our night and weekend worker apprentices to complete their testing in line with their working hours.
For those who work in noisy environments and those who are anxious, they have been able to complete their tests at home. This has helped increase engagement with the testing process significantly.''
Sarah Hemsworth, Functional Skills Team Leader | Mantra Learning/National Logistics Academy
Benefits to Providers
- saves you time and resource – our 'easy to set up' home assessments can be taken by learners without the need for you to arrange an invigilator
- no need to download software on to computers to run the assessments
- reduced pressure on testing on-site - assessments can take place at home
- reduced workload for invigilators/assessors - no need to travel to the assessment
- reduced pressure on exam administration - training, timetabling, and logistics.
Find out what support is available for providers, to deliver and support their learners to complete their remote invigilation assessment.
Benefits to Learners
- reduce travel time – test can be taken in a suitable location of learners choosing
- tests can be scheduled to be taken at a time that is convenient for the learner so that it fits in and around their home/work commitments
- learners can take their test in a familiar environment which can reduce anxiety that a testing room may cause
- no computer downloads, so learners are free to focus on the assessment
- Pearson will provide clear, comprehensive guidance to support learners as they prepare to take their test remotely.
Find out what support is available to help your learners complete their remote invigilation assessment.