Find information on the services we offer to replace your original certificate if it’s been lost or misplaced.
If you need to amend your certificates following gender reassignment, please send an email to email@example.com with the following evidence:
- A copy of a recent utility bill (no more than three months old) containing your current name and address.
- A copy of photographic ID (passport or photo card driving licence) in your current name.
We will also ask you to return your original certificates to us. The firstname.lastname@example.org email address is only used for gender reassignment cases and any other emails sent to this address will not receive a response. This service is free of charge.
Our standard service provides official confirmation of your results which we aim to dispatch within 20 working days.
This service is available for all of our BTEC, Edexcel, EDI* and LCCI branded qualifications and results previously issued by:
- East Anglian Examinations Board (EAEB)
- Joint Examinations Board (JEB)
- London East Anglian Group (LEAG)
- London Regional Examining Board (LREB) (incorporating Metropolitan and Middlesex Regional Examining Boards from 1979)
- University Entrance and School Examinations Council (UE & SEC)
- University of London Examinations and Assessment Council (ULEAC)
- University of London School Examinations Board (ULSEB)
*Pearson took over EDI qualifications and inherited their records but these only go back as far as 1996. If you took an EDI qualification before this time, we will not be able to search for your records.
CSE was a regionally based examination so we can normally confirm whether Pearson holds your CSE results in advance. Below is a list of the general areas for which Pearson holds the records of the former CSE boards:
- All inner and Greater London boroughs (except Bexley, Bromley, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Richmond upon Thames and Sutton).
Please note, Pearson does not hold results for those boroughs in the former county of Middlesex (but now in Surrey) which are outside all of the Greater London boroughs.
There are rare exceptions to the lists of area results that we hold where Pearson does hold the results for a few CSE subjects for a few centres which we would normally expect not to cover. In the first instance please apply to the exam board from where you would normally get your CSE results by looking at the awarding body websites and the areas they cover.
The information above also applies to CEEs (Certificate of Extended Education).
Our fast-track service provides an official document to replace your original certificate in 5 working days.
This service is available for the following qualifications:
- Edexcel Digital Applications (AiDA, CiDA, CiDA+ and DiDA)
- Edexcel Functional Skills
- Edexcel GCE AS and A levels
- Edexcel GCSEs
- Edexcel International AS and A levels
- Edexcel International GCSEs
- Edexcel Level 1/Level 2 Certificates
- Edexcel Principal Learning and Project qualifications
Amendment to an original
We understand there may be circumstances where you need to request a change to your certificate(s). We may accept changes to personal details if:
- the centre made an error when they registered your entry.
- the name is abbreviated and you need it to match the name on your identification
- any other exceptional circumstances.
We do not change the name/amend details for the following:
- change of name through deed poll
- change of name through marriage
- change of name for religious reasons.
Please select the relevant replacement certificate service on our online form, explaining the circumstances in the additional information field and attach the evidence listed below from the email you’ll receive once you have completed the application.
A name change is not guaranteed but we will confirm whether of not we need further evidence or if the change can be accepted. If we can make the change, we will ask you to return the original certificates to us before we send you the new document. If we cannot make the change, we will issue a full refund.
Please note, we can only issue a Certifying Statement of Results for General Qualifications and not a replacement certificate.
Documents we require for a name change or amendment:
- 2 forms of identification in your new or correct name, one of which confirms your current address; for example, a copy of either your current passport, photocard driving licence or birth certificate, together with a copy of a recent (no more than 3 months old) bank statement or utility bill
- evidence which links the name on your certificate to your new or correct name, for example, a letter from the centre which references the old name or confirms it was spelt incorrectly, or proof of your name change for example, a copy of your deed poll
- your original certificate – once we have agreed to proceed with the change, you will need to return your original certificate.
Please note, we only require copies of your identification documents and not originals.
Document for third parties/verification of results
If you are the learner and wish to send the document to a third party – you need to provide a form of ID and state in the application notes that you wish to send your documents to the delivery address you have provided
If you are a third party applying on behalf of the learner – you will need to provide two forms of ID from the candidate along with the consent form signed by the candidate.
Guidance on learner gender in registration and certification
Who and what is this guide for:
This guide is designed to support centres and learners when they are recording and updating learner name and information on Pearson systems. It provides information for learners who hold Pearson certificates, and are no longer enrolled at a Pearson centre, but wish to apply for an amendment to a certificate.
Verification of results
We can send a copy of a candidate’s academic results directly to a university outside of the UK from results day for the qualification before certificates are issued. The document will be a Candidate Statement of Provisional Results (CSPR) which will list your qualification grades at the time of us processing your application.
We offer two delivery methods for this service: email and hard copy. Before making your selection, you should contact your university to see which method they will accept.
- verification of results to universities (hard copy) - £67
- verification of results to universities (email) - £20
This service is now open.
Customised letters for vocational qualifications
We can provide a personalised statement for vocational qualifications (e.g. work-related or vocational qualifications created or validated by Pearson, Edexcel and the Technician Education Council (TEC), Business Education Council (BEC), Business and Technician Education Council (BTEC), National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and General National Vocational Qualifications (GNVQ) to describe your achievements, the level and size of your qualification and what it is equivalent to when compared to past or current vocational and work-related qualifications.
Each statement is customised to suit the needs of the candidate and the final audience. For example, to clarify prior achievement for an admissions tutor at an overseas university; to establish attained knowledge for an employer when applying for a job; to determine credentials for the border services of another country.