Replacement documents | Pearson qualifications
Certificate services

Replacement documents

Find information on the services we offer to replace your original certificate if it’s been lost or misplaced.

Read more

If you need to amend your certificates following gender reassignment, please send an email to with the following evidence:

  • A copy of a recent utility bill (no more than three months old) containing your current name and address.
  • A copy of photographic ID (passport or photo card driving licence) in your current name.

We will also ask you to return your original certificates to us. The email address is only used for gender reassignment cases and any other emails sent to this address will not receive a response. This service is free of charge.

Standard service

Our standard service provides official confirmation of your results which we aim to dispatch within 20 working days.

This service is available for all of our BTEC, Edexcel, EDI* and LCCI branded qualifications and results previously issued by:

  • East Anglian Examinations Board (EAEB) 
  • Edexcel
  • Joint Examinations Board (JEB)
  • London East Anglian Group (LEAG) 
  • London Regional Examining Board (LREB) (incorporating Metropolitan and Middlesex Regional Examining Boards from 1979)
  • University Entrance and School Examinations Council (UE & SEC)
  • University of London Examinations and Assessment Council (ULEAC)
  • University of London School Examinations Board (ULSEB)

*Pearson took over EDI/LCCI qualifications and inherited their records but these only go back as far as 1996. If you took an EDI/LCCI qualification before this time, we will not be able to search for your records.

CSE was a regionally based examination so we can normally confirm whether Pearson holds your CSE results in advance. Below is a list of the general areas for which Pearson holds the records of the former CSE boards:

  • Bedfordshire
  • Cambridgeshire
  • Essex
  • Hertfordshire
  • Norfolk
  • Suffolk
  • Peterborough
  • All inner and Greater London boroughs (except Bexley, Bromley, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Richmond upon Thames and Sutton).

Please note, Pearson does not hold results for those boroughs in the former county of Middlesex (but now in Surrey) which are outside all of the Greater London boroughs.

There are rare exceptions to the lists of area results that we hold where Pearson does hold the results for a few CSE subjects for a few centres which we would normally expect not to cover. In the first instance please apply to the exam board from where you would normally get your CSE results by looking at the awarding body websites and the areas they cover.

The information above also applies to CEEs (Certificate of Extended Education).

Priority service

With our fast-track service we aim to order your replacement documents within 5 working days.

This service is only available for certain qualifications which are listed below.

This service is available for the following qualifications:

  • Edexcel Digital Applications (AiDA, CiDA, CiDA+ and DiDA)
  • Edexcel GCE AS and A levels
  • Edexcel GCSEs
  • Edexcel International AS and A levels
  • Edexcel International GCSEs
  • Edexcel Level 1/Level 2 Certificates
  • Edexcel Principal Learning and Project qualifications

Amendment to an original

We understand there may be circumstances where you need to request a change to your certificate(s). We may accept changes to personal details if:

  • the centre made an error when they registered your entry.
  • the name is abbreviated and you need it to match the name on your identification
  • any other exceptional circumstances.

We do not change the name/amend details for the following:

  • change of name through deed poll
  • change of name through marriage
  • change of name for religious reasons.

Please select the relevant replacement certificate service on our online form, explaining the circumstances in the additional information field and attach the evidence listed below from the email you’ll receive once you have completed the application.

A name change is not guaranteed but we will confirm whether of not we need further evidence or if the change can be accepted. If we can make the change, we will ask you to return the original certificates to us before we send you the new document. If we cannot make the change, we will issue a full refund.

Please note, we can only issue a Certifying Statement of Results for General Qualifications and not a replacement certificate.

Documents we require for a name change or amendment:

  • 2 forms of identification in your new or correct name, one of which confirms your current address; for example, a copy of either your current passport, photocard driving licence or birth certificate, together with a copy of a recent (no more than 3 months old) bank statement or utility bill
  • evidence which links the name on your certificate to your new or correct name, for example, a letter from the centre which references the old name or confirms it was spelt incorrectly, or proof of your name change for example, a copy of your deed poll
  • your original certificate – once we have agreed to proceed with the change, you will need to return your original certificate.

Please note, we only require copies of your identification documents and not originals.

Document for third parties/verification of results

If you are the learner and wish to send the document to a third party – you need to provide a form of ID and state in the application notes that you wish to send your documents to the delivery address you have provided

If you are a third party applying on behalf of the learner – you will need to provide two forms of ID from the candidate along with the consent form signed by the candidate.

{{ gatDoctitle }}


Guidance on learner gender in registration and certification

Who and what is this guide for:

This guide is designed to support centres and learners when they are recording and updating learner name and information on Pearson systems. It provides information for learners who hold Pearson certificates, and are no longer enrolled at a Pearson centre, but wish to apply for an amendment to a certificate.

{{ gatDoctitle }}


Early results 2023 - 2024

We can send a copy of a candidate's academic results directly to a university outside of the UK from the official results date, before the certificate has been issued. This is a service to provide official evidence of results before the certificate has been issued and is not instead of a certificate. The document will be a Candidate Statement of Provisional Results (CSPR) which will list your qualification grades at the time of us processing your application.

Pearson will provide the results as they are on our systems at the time of processing. Results are provisional until certificates are issued and this will be stated on the cover letter which will be provided with the CSPR. If there is a review of marking and grades subsequently change, it will be the applicant’s responsibility to let the university know.

Before applying, please check that Pearson is the exam board holding the results.

You can apply for one qualification type per application, e.g. International A Level, AS/A Level or GCSE. Applications should be made by the candidate if possible, but we will also accept applications from other parties.

To complete the application, you will need to know the centre and candidate number (private candidates should request this information from the organisation that managed their examination(s)) and have a scanned copy of the candidate’s current ID. We will accept a copy of an in-date passport, National ID card, driving licence or birth certificate. All ID must be in English.

You will also need the university contact and address details; please check those with the university before applying. If you are applying on behalf of the named candidate, you will also need to provide candidate consent as well as their ID.

This service is only available for the below General Qualifications and exam series:

Exam Session Qualification
October 2023  International A Level
November 2023 GCSE Maths and English and International GCSE
January 2024 International A Level

The Early Results service is now open for the above qualifications and exam sessions, until April 2024.

For all other series’, you will have been issued with your official certificate, please follow the below link to our Certificate Services, to make an application if you require replacement documents. 

Certificate Services - Replacement Documents

We offer two delivery methods for this service: email and hard copy. Before making your selection, you should contact your university to see which method they will accept.


  • Hard Copy - verification of results to universities (hard copy) - £73
  • PDF - verification of results to universities (email) - £25

We can send the results to a maximum of two university addresses outside the UK (per application).

Your results will not be sent to the University until after the results have been published on the relevant results days.

Before applying for a PDF copy, please ensure that the University you are applying for will accept a digital copy of your CSPR.

Customised letters for vocational qualifications

We can provide a personalised statement for vocational qualifications (e.g. work-related or vocational qualifications created or validated by Pearson, Edexcel and the Technician Education Council (TEC), Business Education Council (BEC), Business and Technician Education Council (BTEC), National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and General National Vocational Qualifications (GNVQ) to describe your achievements, the level and size of your qualification and what it is equivalent to when compared to past or current vocational and work-related qualifications.

Each statement is customised to suit the needs of the candidate and the final audience. For example, to clarify prior achievement for an admissions tutor at an overseas university; to establish attained knowledge for an employer when applying for a job; to determine credentials for the border services of another country.

User tabs

Are you sure you want to exit this session?