Pearson and Comau partnership
The BTEC International Level 3 Award in Robotic Operations and Level 3 Diplomas in Electrical Automotive Manufacture - developed in partnership with Comau, global leaders in delivering advance industrial automation products and systems - provide learners with an introductory understanding of robotic arm programming as well as key concepts in Electrical Automotive Manufacture.
BTEC Level 3 Award in Robotic Operations
Robotics education allows students to address problem-based learning through the application of their knowledge. By programming a robotic arm, learners will gain industry knowledge, and acquire skills that will contribute to their understanding of key robotics concepts and support their progression in industrial manufacturing.
Did you know, the growth in the use of industrial robots continues at a remarkable pace across the globe? The global industrial robotics market was valued at US $18.5bn in 2019 and is growing at 12.1% during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028.
1. Robotics Systems and Basic Procedures – 10 hours
2. Fieldbus and Reference Systems – 10 hours
3. Motion Programming - 15 hours
4. Further Robot Programming - 20 hours
Digital course - presented in four modules, direct to the learner – with teacher guidance and opportunities for teachers to support learners through the course in group activities
BTEC Specialist qualification in Robotics - in four units, aligned to digital modules, requiring completion of an internally assessed assignment to achieve the qualification
EDo Hardware robotic arm, an option to buy a hardware robotic arm that learners can programme using Robosim software. Alternatively, learners can use an onscreen simulation.
BTEC Level 3 Diplomas in Electrical Automotive Manufacture
These qualifications are aimed at learners wishing to choose a progression route into a range of careers in electrical automotive manufacture.
Key areas of study include:
electrical/petrol vehicle engines
new energy/hybrid vehicles and vehicle electric charging
starting systems in new energy/hybrid and petrol vehicles.
Equally, the units facilitate progression into higher education and further learning.
- Battery Manufacturing
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Motors
- Electric Vehicle Drives
- Operation and Testing of Vehicle Electronic Ignition Systems
- Function and Operation of Vehicle Petrol Injection Systems
- Vehicle Engine Management Systems
- Light Vehicle Suspension, Steering and Braking Systems
- Operation and Maintenance of Light Vehicle Transmission Systems
- Lean Production System Design
- Heavy Vehicle Braking Systems
- Heavy Vehicle Transmission Systems
- Heavy Vehicle Steering and Suspension Systems, Wheels and Tyres
- Organisational Efficiency and Improvement
Reasons to choose BTEC International Level 3 Award in Robotic Operations and/or BTEC International Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Automotive Manufacture