We have partnered with Comau, a leading industrial automation company to launch our new digital products and qualification in Robotics in support of the Fourth Industrial revolution which is the ongoing automation of traditional manufacturing and industrial practices, using modern smart technology.
The new BTEC International Level 3 in Robotic Operations provides students with a focused and specialist introduction to industrial automation and concepts in robotic engineering.
By programming robots, students discover skills that will define opportunities in their career, or in a pathway to higher education. Robotics education allows student to address problem-based learning through the application of their knowledge. They will have the opportunity to understand what Robotics is and the concepts needed to be successful in a pathway to higher education or a career in the industry.
The global industrial robotics market was valued at US$ 18.5 Bn in 2019, growing 12.1% during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. The growth of industrial robots continues at a remarkable pace across the globe.
What could the digital course lead to?
The digital course and Pearson BTEC qualification can support learners intending to eventually progress to work in robotics and/or automation and seeking to expand their use of digital technologies.
What does the digital course provide?
- designed to provide focused and specialist introductory vocational course in industrial automation with a clear work-related emphasis
- provides the knowledge, understanding and skills required to use robotic automation for operation of a robotic arm that could be used across a range of engineering sectors.
- develops a learner’s abilities in robot programming and engineering
- allows a learner to understand the specific terms and techniques associated with working on a robotic system.
Reasons to choose a Robotic Operations digital course and/or BTEC International Level 3 qualification
- co-created with Comau, a leading industrial automation company
- internationally relevant content, designed to help learners develop the specific skills they need to progress on to further study or employment in the global robotics industry