We’ve worked closely with centres around the world to identify key professional development opportunities for you and your colleagues. To make sure you can showcase your development and track your progress we’ve introduced digital badging (for our online development), which you can use towards your CPD.
Delivering remote and online learning
This interactive session is designed to support teachers, tutors, and trainers, working in international centres, to deliver engaging learning remotely and online.
The session will:
- explore freely available tools and techniques for engaging students and delivering interactive learning
- provide top tips for managing your approach to teaching online and ongoing assessment
- explore approaches for live, in-conference lessons and recorded, anytime, anyplace learning
- provide an overview of Pearson resources to support your online teaching, learning and assessment
- allow you to ask questions and share your own experiences and best practice of remote, online learning with others.
Get Ready to Teach
Are you looking to offer the new BTEC International Level 3 qualifications in your centre? These courses have been developed to help you with the changes and understanding how BTEC Works.
- Understanding the structure of BTEC qualifications
- Exploring teaching, learning and assessment strategies
- Examining elements of external support available for BTEC qualifications
- Understanding the nature and function of Quality Assurance
- Understanding the nature and function of Internal Verification
- Understanding Internal Verification of assessment decisions
- Internally verifying exemplar evidence
- Understanding the Internal Verifier’s wider role
- Understanding the principles, methods and types of Assessment
- Understanding how to judge learner evidence
- Recognising the importance of stem verbs used in Assessment criteria
- Knowing how to set Assignments in context
- Developing an Assignment scenario
- Preparing an Assignment brief
BTEC qualifications and resources available in Teaching and Education
Teaching and Education Level 4
The course has been created to provide an introduction to teaching for individuals who would like to work or are currently working within the education industry.
Available as an Award or Certificate size, key objectives of each unit are highlighted below.
Unit: Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
This course is aimed at assessors who wish to deepen their knowledge of Internal Quality Assurance, and at those new to managing quality assurance and verification in a TVET programme. Course objectives are to:
- Provide portfolio evidence for the Pearson Edexcel Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Provide underpinning knowledge for understanding the requirements that a learning and development practitioner needs for the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment, to include:
- the context and principles of Internal Quality Assurance
- how to plan and monitor using different techniques and criteria
- how to internally maintain and improve the quality of Assessment
- requirements for information management, meeting legal requirements, good practice, and the role of technology for the Internal Quality Assurance of assessment
- Use reflective practice to identify possible continuing Professional Development needs in relation to Internal Quality Assurance.
Unit: Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
This course is aimed at experienced Assessors who wish to advance their working practice following completion of the 'Becoming an Internal Quality Assurance practitioner' course, and at those who have wider Quality Assurance responsibilities and manage others in this capacity. The evidence required to complete this course is provided from a practical context and covers preparation for an external Quality Assurance inspection. Course objectives are to:
- Provide portfolio evidence for the Pearson Edexcel Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Carry out internal monitoring to determine the quality of assessment through:
- planning and assessing the performance of at least two Assessors, each with a minimum of two candidates of their own, ensuring this meets organisational and legal requirements
- ensuring Assessments are fair, safe, reliable and consistent
- providing feedback to Assessors to improve future practice
- managing information and documentation, following procedures, meeting legal and good practice requirements
- Provide a range of performance evidence of demonstrating working with real learners/staff/customers, in a real organisational context when planning, allocating, and monitoring work, to include:
- producing work plans with individual team members, agreeing responsibilities and setting SMART objectives
- monitoring work, providing feedback and amending plans where necessary
- Use critical reflection to review success of the planning process.
How can I do these courses?
The courses are currently face-to-face or online (highlighted under each course). Online courses can be completed at a time that suits you. We understand that you are busy shaping the minds of the future and that’s why we’ve not included any time limits, allowing you to develop yourself at a pace that suits you.
Face-to-face is also available at a time that suits you, we’ll help find a time and date that works for you.
Please note that these courses can also be studied on Learning Hub as individual course.
Master BTEC Training
This course is for experienced teachers wanting to enhance their skills and knowledge in facilitation, classroom management and active learning. Upon completion of this intense 5-day course you will be a certified master trainer which is recognised globally, adding to your CPD and enabling your career opportunities.
- The Master Trainer course is a hands-on, blended workshop to build facilitation skills and enhance pedagogical knowledge.
- The course has been delivered to 500+ participants in 12 countries with these participants now able to cascade the program to internal staff.
- Experience key best practices in pedagogy that support implementation of the full portfolio, with a focus on key areas such as formative assessment and teaching with technology
- Improve your delivery of internal or external training and communications
- Combine pedagogical practice and product knowledge to deliver a session of professional learning or product presentation and receive feedback and coaching.
Pearson's Certified Master Trainers have demonstrated that they have the skills needed to facilitate effective, active, outcomes-driven training for adult learners. Master Trainers can create a motivating learning atmosphere, confidently communicate with participants, apply a variety of active learning and assessment techniques, and adjust instruction as needed. They have the skills needed to plan and prepare for delivering a variety of training programs and presentations.
Interested in this course? Contact our expert trainer, James Smith, who will be able to help arrange this at a time that works for you email email@example.com.
*This course has digital badging
What is a digital badge?
Digital badges help you gain recognition by allowing you to easily display and share your achievements. As they are available online, they are portable and transparent, and the detail behind each badge means others can see what it took for you to earn the award.
Digital badges are valued by those whose professional careers and achievements are represented on careers and networking sites such as LinkedIn. According to LinkedIn research, profiles with certifications and badges receive six times the number of profile views.*
*(Digital Badges | APM, 2020)