A level post-results services | Student information | Pearson qualifications
Results and certification Post-results services

Edexcel A level

If you're not happy with your A level results, there are several options available to you. Find out about our review of marking service and how to get a copy of your exam paper, and read the answers to FAQs about post-results services.

Read more

Select from the tabs below to find out more about how to:

  • get the marking of your work reviewed
  • get a copy of your marked work

{{ gatDoctitle }}

User tabs

Can I get the marking of my exam paper checked?

Yes. Quality assurance procedures are in place throughout every stage of the exam cycle, but if you're concerned that your grade is wrong, you can ask us to perform additional checks.

If you'd like to request one of our 'Reviews of marking and moderation' (RoMM) services previously known as 'Enquiries about results' (EAR) services, you'll need to speak to the exams officer at your school or college, who will ask us to review the marking of your question paper on your behalf.

When will I get the result?

The table below shows when you can expect an outcome. For information about deadlines and fees, see:

Post-results key dates

Post-results fees

Service How long will it take?
Priority review of marking (Service P2)
Up to 15 days
Review of marking (Service 2) Up to 20 days
Clerical check (Service 1)
Up to 10 days

Can I get my coursework mark reviewed?

It's not normally possible for you to ask us to look at your coursework again.

Can I see my answers/get a copy of my marked exam paper?

Yes. The exams officer at your school or college will be able to request for us to return your marked question paper on your behalf. This service is sometimes called an ‘Access to Script’ request. 

Important dates and fees

Your school or college may ask you to pay for these services before they submit your application. For information about deadlines and fees, see:

Post-results key dates

Post-results fees

Can I get my coursework back?

Yes. You can ask your school or college to return any project, coursework or controlled assessments.

Can I resit an exam/resubmit coursework for an A level unit?

AS and A level units are only available in the summer exam session, but you can redo any assessment and we'll automatically take your best unit result when you cash in. If you already have an overall grade for your qualification, you'll need to cash in again to ensure we recalculate your grade.

The rules for resubmitting coursework vary by subject so you'll need to check with your teacher to see whether you can improve your existing work or will need to complete a different task.

User tabs

Are you sure you want to exit this session?