Preparing learners for their future is what you do best. In this fast-paced, ever-changing sector, we'll make sure you have all the support, guidance and training you need to help you along the way.
Why teach a BTEC in Sport?
A BTEC in Sport will give your learners the skills and confidence they need to progress into a fulfilling, exciting career. The sport and fitness industry is always moving and changing, making it essential for learners to have the drive and resilience to adapt.
At all stages of their academic career, the practical base of a BTEC in Sport will help learners excel as team players, coaches and leaders of the future.
Hear about BTEC Sport from Hartpury College
Don't just take our word for it. Find out what teachers, employers and, most importantly, learners have to say about BTEC Sport in the excellent learning environment of Hartpury College.
Take a look at the progression map to see BTEC Sport qualifications plotted across every level.
New for Autumn 2019
We’re delighted to announce four new BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Sport, available to teach as early as this September. They’re geared towards exciting, fast-growing areas of the sport industry and have been developed to meet industry standards, giving learners the best possible chances of a successful career.
The new suites cover the following areas:
- Sport, Fitness and Personal Training - allowing progression to roles such as Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer. Please note, this has some additional staffing requirements.
- Sports Coaching and Development - leading to employment opportunities such as a Multi-Skilled Coach.
- Sport and Outdoor Activities - leading to a career as an Outdoor Activities Instructor.
- Sporting Excellence and Performance - for athletes on their journey to become professional. Please note, this has some approval requirements.
Find out more about these qualifications in our support document.
How will we support you?
Throughout your time teaching these qualifications, you'll have full support from:
- Your Subject Advisor, Penny
- Experts at free training events
- Free teaching, learning and assessment materials on your specification pages
- Our published resources - for learner books and teaching packs
Considering teaching BTEC?
Thinking about teaching any BTEC Sport qualifications? Talk to us.