Once you've enrolled learners onto an approved Pearson programme or individual units, you need to formally register them with us. Find out why, when and how to do it.
Why do I need to register learners?
You need to formally register learners so that you can report achievement, we can plan quality assurance activities and issue awards.
We have two electronic processing methods to enable you to process registrations efficiently: Edexcel Online and EDI.
For centres whose programmes follow the academic year, candidates who enrol or sign up in September must be registered by the following deadlines:
1 November following enrolment for:
- Foundation Learning Awards, Certificates and Diplomas
- First and National Awards, Certificates, Extended Certificates and Diplomas
- Specialist and Professional Awards, Certificates and Diplomas
- WorkSkills Awards, Certificates and Diplomas
15 November* following enrolment for:
- Level 4 HNCs and Level 5 HNDs
- Level 3 and 4 Diplomas in Art and Design
* The 15 November deadline is not applicable to private colleges. All learner registrations for Level 4 HNCs and Level 5 HNDs from private colleges must be made within one month of learner enrolment.
For the roll-on, roll-off and assessment-only programmes that start at various times during the year, registrations must be made within six weeks of enrolment.
This deadline is not applicable to learners registered for Level 4HNCs, Level 5HNDs and level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, who must be registered within one month of enrolment.
To ensure that all necessary quality control procedures are carried out, there must be at least 10 weeks between registration and a claim for certification.
The next generation of BTEC qualifications follow the same registration pattern, but because these qualifications have external assessment, you'll also need to make bookings for learners who'll be attempting the assessment in the current session.
- Bookings for onscreen tests should be made at least two hours before the test is taken, unless you're applying for access arrangements. We need at least 15 days to process requests for access arrangements.
- Bookings for the paper-based exams and the set tasks must be made by the entry deadline of the respective examination session.