Pearson Edexcel GCSEs Mathematics (9-1) from 2015
Training and events
Our training and events programme will help you deliver the GCSE (9-1) Mathematics qualification with confidence.
There are five types of training events that we offer:
1. Heads of Mathematics Conferences 2020
We’re hosting a series of Heads of Mathematics conferences across the country in January and February 2020.
These events will focus on teaching and learning strategies for 11-19 Mathematics, including exam feedback, and will give you the opportunity to meet the Pearson Maths team and network with other teachers.
The morning will focus on GCSE mathematics, while the afternoon will focus on A level mathematics.
The morning section will include:
- a brief update on our mathematics qualifications;
- feedback on student performance for the summer 2019 papers for GCSE (9-1) Mathematics or International GCSE Mathematics (9-1);
- a further two sessions with a choice of workshops in each - including classroom strategies to support your high-ability students, tools to deal with maths anxiety, practical ideas to help with poorly answered exam questions, and more.
The afternoon section will include:
- feedback on student performance for the latest AS & A level Mathematics papers;
- does a graphic calculator help learning at GCSE?;
- a further two sessions with a choice of workshops in each - including teaching and learning methodology in the A level classroom, with a particular focus on the new Pure content, innovative ways to deliver difficult concepts, plus resources to support effective course delivery and assessment, and more.
You can book for half a day at a cost of £30+VAT or for the full day for £50+VAT and lunch is included. This course will count as 3-5.5 hours towards your CPD.
For full details on the events and all the sessions and to book your place visit our training page. Booking is available from 15 November.
2. Feedback on examinations
After every summer series, we provide pre-recorded training on the performance. You can access all the pre-recorded training available for GCSE (9-1) Mathematics.
After every summer series, we also run a live online session with a subject expert discussing the feedback on the examinations. This is usually held in the autumn term.
3. Collaborative Network Events
Our free local teaching networks help support, train and share best practice with maths teachers and heads of department across the country. We work with schools and colleges whose innovative maths teaching practices have shown a direct benefit to their students.
These schools and colleges become recognised as ‘hub’ centres and lead a collaborative network in their region each term.
4. Teaching and Learning online events
Throughout the year we will run a host of live online sessions focused on the teaching and learning of GCSE Mathematics, hosted by one of our Subject Specialists.
We also have a national training programme, that includes our local collaborative network events. You can visit our training page and book onto an event of your choice.
5. Mocks marking training events
In the autumn term of 2016 we ran mocks marking training events to help you apply the new mark schemes, so you can be confident you're getting a clear picture of your students' achievements. If you were unable to get to one of these events, you can view the videos from the Foundation and Higher tier events and download the training document below:
Download our mocks marking training document: