Pearson Edexcel GCSE Sciences 9-1 (2016)
Training and events
Join our experts at a range of events designed to help you deliver the Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Science qualifications.
Free live support updates delivered by the Pearson Edexcel Science team
Our free, online support updates are put together by our GCSE Science qualifications team to give you updates and guidance on teaching science this year. They are designed to:
- outline the latest updates from Ofqual and DfE and how these affect GCSE Sciences.
- showcase our free ‘Why Science Matters’ resources to engage and excite you and your students.
- give you an opportunity to speak to your science team and ask any questions you may have.
Free collaborative network meetings delivered by Pearson Edexcel science specialists
Join us at our regular, free, online Collaborative Network meetings. These events will give you the opportunity to discuss new ideas and share best practice with our science specialists and colleagues from other schools across the country.
At our 2021 GCSE Science Network meetings we will be covering a range of themes, including:
- Mastery in science at KS3 and KS4
- marking and standardising in your school
- unbeatable support: support and strategies to develop practical skills in science
- Access for all: Diversity in science
- unbeatable support: transition from primary to secondary science
- Access for all: literacy in science across KS3 and KS4
New to Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Sciences?
If you are new to teaching Pearson Edexcel Sciences, or have new colleagues in your team, we run a series of free New to Edexcel events which are designed to give you an overview of the qualification design, introduce you to the support provided, and give you an overview of all the incredible free resources available.
In addition to this, we also have past training events which are available to for you to read through whenever is convenient for you. These training packs include:
- running and marking mocks
- metacognition in science
- strategies for sequencing an engaging science curriculum in light of the new Ofsted framework
Teaching and learning CPD workshops
Our half day CPD events are designed for teachers who are delivering or about to deliver the Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Science qualifications – they can also count as 2.5 hours of CPD, and are bespoke paid for events.
- stretch and challenge for higher ability students
- developing working scientifically skills across KS3 and 4 and assessment of practical skills
- teaching and assessment of Maths in GCSE (9-1) Sciences
- accessing foundation tier Combined Science
- Mastery and Metacognition: An introduction to mastery, and using metacognitive principles.
Available to book soon.