Edexcel GCSE Sciences (2016)
Training and events
Join our experts at a range of events designed to help you prepare for the new GCSE Sciences.
Free Getting Ready to Teach events
To help you prepare for the new GCSEs from September 2016 we're running free face-to-face Getting Ready to Teach events.
At these events, you can join our experts to:
- discover more about our accredited specifications and sample assessment materials
- hear about the support available to help you plan your course for all abilities using our free schemes of work
- find out how to use our free tools and resources to help you assess and track your students’ progress
- learn more about the practical work in the new qualifications and the implications for teaching, learning and assessment.
Interested in booking a place?
Free Collaborative Hub Meetings
Our free, locally run Collaborative Hub Meetings give you the opportunity to discuss new ideas and share best practice with our science specialists and colleagues from other schools in your region.
During 2016, networks will focus on approaches to teaching and learning in science, including:
- developing investigative skills for Edexcel GCSE (9-1)
- delivery of the new Edexcel GCSE (9-1) to lower attainers
- delivery of the new Edexcel GCSE (9-1) to higher attainers.
Developing scientific communicators at Key Stages 3 and 4
This Professional Development course offers the complete 11-16 solution to improving literacy in science.
This full day course shows you how the explicit teaching of language and grammar, alongside key scientific concepts, enables students to become skilled and confident communicators. Plus, it provides you with practical support so you can apply the principles in your teaching.
Dates to be confirmed. Please check this page regularly for updates.