Pearson Edexcel GCSEs Sciences (2016)
Training and events
Join our experts at a range of events designed to help you prepare for the new GCSE Sciences.
Free Collaborative Hub meetings delivered by Pearson Edexcel science specialists
Our free, locally-run Collaborative Hub meetings give you the opportunity to discuss new ideas and share best practice with our science specialists and colleagues from other schools in your region.
At the autumn GCSE Science Hub meetings there will be the opportunity to:
- receive 2019 exam results feedback, including key areas of student success and challenges
- discuss teaching and learning strategies for future cohorts
- network with colleagues and our CPD and exam board specialists.
Teaching and learning CPD workshops
Our half day CPD events are designed for teachers who are delivering or about to deliver the Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Science qualifications – can count as 2.5 hours of CPD and only £150.
2019 workshops include:
- stretch and challenge for higher ability students
- developing working scientifically skills across KS3 and 4 and preparing for the assessment of practical skills
- teaching and assessment of Maths in GCSE (9-1) Sciences
- accessing foundation tier Combined Science