Pearson Edexcel GCSEs Sciences (2016)
Training and events
Join our experts at a range of events designed to help you prepare for the new GCSE Sciences.
Free Collaborative Hub meetings delivered by Pearson Edexcel science specialists
Our free, locally-run Collaborative Hub meetings give you the opportunity to discuss new ideas and share best practice with our science specialists and colleagues from other schools in your region.
Our spring term Hub meetings will give Heads of Science and Science teachers an opportunity to:
- discuss mocks marking with subject specialists
- explore strategies for formative and summative assessment
- network with colleagues from other schools
- ask questions and get updates from the Pearson Edexcel Science team.
Teaching and learning CPD workshops
Our half day CPD events are designed for teachers who are delivering or about to deliver the Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Science qualifications – can count as 2.5 hours of CPD and only £150.
2019 workshops include:
- stretch and challenge for higher ability students
- developing working scientifically skills across KS3 and 4 and preparing for the assessment of practical skills
- teaching and assessment of Maths in GCSE (9-1) Sciences
- accessing foundation tier Combined Science