Pearson Edexcel GCSEs Sciences (2016)
Training and events
Join our experts at a range of events designed to help you prepare for the new GCSE Sciences.
Free Collaborative Hub meetings delivered by Pearson Edexcel science specialists
Our free, locally run Collaborative Hub meetings give you the opportunity to discuss new ideas and share best practice with our science specialists and colleagues from other schools in your region.
Our autumn term Hub meetings will give Heads of Science and Science teachers an opportunity to:
- receive 2018 exam results feedback (including key areas of student success and challenge)
- discuss teaching and learning strategies to address key areas
- learn about Results Plus Mock Analysis Service
- network with colleagues and our CPD and exam board specialists.
Teaching and learning CPD workshops
Our half day CPD events are designed for teachers who are delivering or about to deliver the Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Science qualifications – can count as 2.5 hours of CPD and only £150.
2019 workshops include:
- stretch and challenge for higher ability students
- developing working scientifically skills across KS3 and 4 and preparing for the assessment of practical skills
- teaching and assessment of Maths in GCSE (9-1) Sciences
- accessing foundation tier Combined Science