Apprentices who achieve their End-point Assessment for this standard will be invited to claim their Credly digital badge.
New apprenticeships Lead Adult Care Worker (L3)
About the role
As a Lead Adult Care Worker you will make a positive difference to someone’s life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges. You will be expected to exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals to maintain their independence, dignity and control.
We provide a clear learning programme to take apprentices from entry through to the gateway for end-point assessment.
You can use our on-programme offer regardless of whether you are using Pearson as your end-point assessment organisation or not.
In order to meet the apprenticeship standard apprentices must achieve:
- Individuals without Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
- For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement the apprenticeships English and Maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3 and British Sign Language qualification as an alternative to English qualifications for whom this is their primary language.
- Undertake the Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service process and provide the result prior to starting.
- The individual must meet the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate. The Care Quality Commission expect that providers who employ healthcare assistants and social care support workers, follow these standards to make sure new staff are supported, skilled and assessed as competent to carry out their roles.
As both a vocational and academic awarding organisation, we can offer a wide range of English and maths qualifications in line with your standards’ requirements from Functional Skills through to GCSEs.
As an ESFA-approved Assessment Organisation, we provide a full range of assessment services, resources and support from our experienced EPA team to equip you and your learners with the diverse requirements of the apprenticeship standards.
You can use Pearson as your end-point assessment organisation, regardless of whether you choose to use our on-programme offer or not.
Specifications and resources
There are 2 components that make up end-point assessment for the Lead Adult Care Worker standard:
- Situational Judgement Test
- Professional Discussion
Each component of end-point assessment is graded. Apprentices will also receive a grade for the overall end-point assessment. This will be Pass/Merit/Distinction.
What is being assessed?
The Adult Care Worker’s knowledge must include:
- Understanding the job they have to do, their main tasks and responsibilities
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours
- The importance of communication
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm
- How to promote health and wellbeing for the individuals they support and work colleagues
- How to work professionally, including their own professional development
The Adult Care Worker’s skills must include being able to:
- Undertake the main tasks and responsibilities according to their job role
- Treat people with respect and dignity and honour their human rights
- Communicate clearly and responsibly
- Support individuals to remain safe from harm
- Champion health and wellbeing for the individuals they support and for work colleagues
- Work professionally and seek to develop their own professional development
The Adult Care Worker’s key behaviours are summed up by the “Six Cs”:
- Care – caring consistently and enough about individuals to make a positive difference to their lives
- Compassion – delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity, and respect
- Courage – doing the right thing for people and speaking up if the individual they support is at risk
- Communication – effective communication is central to successful caring relationships and effective team working
- Competence – applying knowledge and skills to provide high quality care and support
- Commitment – improving the experience of people who need care and support ensuring it is person centred
Our range of EPA resources such as EPA specification, additional resources document and practice knowledge test are designed to enhance learners’ knowledge and/or hone essential skills required.
They are available to our customers who have signed up to Pearson EPA and include information on:
- Gateway requirements
- Assessment content
- Evidence requirement for each component