Centres accepting private candidates
A private candidate is a learner who wants to take a qualification but doesn't want to study full-time at a school or college. This includes learners who are:
- looking to resit/retake an assessment
- students studying a course not offered by their own school or college.
UK GCSEs and A levels
A list of centres accepting private candidates for entry into the next examination series will be available shortly. In the interim, please contact your local authority for details of centres in your area that accept private candidates.
Once you’ve found a centre, they will help you with the registration process. To register, you’ll need to provide the school or college with:
- your full name, address, postcode and date of birth
- a telephone number
- details of the subjects for which you want to register
- details of any coursework marks you want to transfer (if relevant)
- your Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) number (if you've previously taken Pearson exams)
- your bank details.
If you're an approved UK centre and wish to appear on the list of centres that accept private candidates, we will soon be providing you with a survey to complete for the next examination series.