- All Russell Group universities in the UK (including Oxford and Cambridge) accept Edexcel IALs.
- All Group of 8 universities (Go8) in Australia accept Edexcel IALs.
- Edexcel IALs are recognised by US universities including: Yale, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
- Edexcel IALs are recognised by top Canadian Higher-Education Institutions including the University of Toronto and McGill university.
- Edexcel IALs are recognised by universities in Asia including: Hong Kong/China University of Science and Technology and the National University of Singapore.
UK NARIC is the designated United Kingdom national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills. It performs this official function on behalf of the UK Government.
Download the UK NARIC benchmarking reports, which compare Pearson Edexcel qualifications to the UK curriculum in terms of the standard and level of demand.
- Download letters of recognition from US credit evaluators who are available to support Edexcel IAL students with their application to US universities. US universities also seek guidance from credit evaluators when recognising international qualifications for undergraduate entry.
- Download list of universities that offer Edexcel IAL credit exemptions for advanced entry (PDF | 0.1 MB)
Read case studies of Pearson Edexcel students who have been accepted to world-leading universities.
Watch Pearson Edexcel IAL - The next chapter (short version)
Pearson Edexcel qualifications, offered by HELP Academy in Malaysia
You can access support on how to apply to university through our interactive webinars:
- How to write a personal statement for university entrance
- How to write a UCAS reference
- Watch our webinar on writing a personal statement for a university in Canada.
- Watch our webinar on how to study in the US with the University of Colarado.
- Introduction to the Common Application 2019
Country study guides
Take a look at our popular study guides, ‘How to study in the UK’, 'How to study in Canada', and 'How to study in Australia', containing information and advice on how to apply to universities in these countries.
We provide university progression support to ensure everyone in our schools who is supporting learners on their journey to higher education has the most accurate information.
Sign up to receive invitations to free online and face-to-face events where you can interact directly with experts in higher education. You will also receive communications relevant to university progression.
We have created new university facing guides outlining the key features of Pearson Edexcel qualifications, grading, results statements and certificates. These can be shared directly with universities as part of your usual engagement around undergraduate admission:
- Pearson Edexcel International GCSEs and GCSEs are recognised and accepted by universities worldwide.
- Some universities may state minimum grades required for university entry in some subjects. This is usually for English and Maths and sometimes Science subjects.
- International GCSEs and GCSEs in England both moved to a 9-1 grading scale in 2016/2017 and universities have confirmed that they recognise the new scale in terms of admission requirements.