Centres accepting private candidates
A private candidate is a learner who wants to take a qualification but doesn't want to study full-time at a school or college. This includes learners who are:
- looking to resit/retake an assessment
- students studying a course not offered by their own school or college.
UK GCSEs and A levels
A list of exam centres that accept private candidates for the Autumn 2021 examination series is available via the JCQ website.
Once you’ve found a centre, they will help you with the registration process. To register, you’ll need to provide the school or college with:
- your full name, address, postcode and date of birth
- a telephone number
- details of the subjects for which you want to register
- details of any coursework marks you want to transfer (if relevant)
- your Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) number (if you've previously taken Pearson exams)
- your bank details.
If you're an approved UK centre and wish to appear on the list of centres that accept private candidates, we will soon be providing you with a survey to complete for the next examination series.