January 2018, Children, Young People and families and Early Years Sector Update
This January update covers a call for views on a Department for Education NCTL consultation, amendments to the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work qualification plus some qualification extensions.
Early education and childcare workforce: level 2 qualifications
The NCTL are seeking views on the proposed early years assistant (level 2) criteria and their suitability for qualifications in early education and childcare.
Currently there are no criteria in place at level 2, and the proposal is to put in place criteria at level 2 , to complement the Early Year Educator Criteria at level 3.
As centres it is important that you are aware of the proposed criteria and if in your opinion they are reflective of level 2 roles. These criteria will be applied to qualifications in apprenticeships and learners in full time education wanting to progress to work in level 2 roles.
If you would like to take part in the Department for Education NCTL consultation further information can be found here.
We have been asked to make an amend to the following qualification by the First Aid Forum:
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work 603/2449/1
The content will remain the same but he overall credit value of the qualification will change from 3 to 2.
Please check the website for amended specification here.
The qualifications below have been extended until December 31st 2018:
- 500/9940/1 Pearson Edexcel Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- 500/9504/3 Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- 601/2963/3 Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Children's Learning and Development (Early Years Educator)
- 600/3264/9 Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Playwork (NVQ)