How do I submit the marks?
Your marks can be submitted on an OPTEMS form, or online via Edexcel Online/EDI.
OPTEMS mark sheets arrive in schools and colleges mid to late April 2014 for the 2014 submission. They contain the names of all the students you entered for Unit 4 in that series. If you haven't received your OPTEMS and the mark submission deadline is fast approaching, ask your examinations officer for an update.
You can fill in your students' total raw marks on the OPTEMS form.
You need to send the top copy of the form to us. The address should be printed on the OPTEMS form and an envelope should have been provided for this purpose.
You keep a copy of the form for your own records, and send a copy of the form to the moderator with the sample of work (the form is printed in triplicate).
Marks can also be submitted online. If you are submitting marks online, you must print out a copy of the marks for the moderator and for your own records.
If you have already submitted a mark but it needs to be amended (for example, because of an administrative error), please email EMgeography@pearson.com with details of the amended point score.
How do I identify the sample of work that needs to be sent to the moderator?
On the OPTEMS mark sheet there will be an asterisk (*) next to the name of each student whose work we want to see for moderation. You also need to send the work of the highest- and lowest-scoring candidates if they are not part of the requested sample.
You can also check Edexcel Online to identify which work needs to be sent for moderation - there will be a tick next to the candidates' names. Here's how:
- Go to Edexcel Online and enter your centre number.
- Choose GCSE in the drop-down menu on the left.
- Choose 'Candidates' - 'Search by course'.
- Select the session from the central drop down menu 'June 2014'.
- You should see a box pop up with all the units entered with Edxecel for entire school.
- Click on the link 'Papers' for the unit you are interested in (for example, 5GA04 or 5GB04).
- Click on the link that says 'Coursework Marks' (there is also a link that says 'Moderator details' - this is where you find out who to send the sample of candidates work to).
- You will see a list of your candidates and should enter their marks here.
- You will also see a column entitled 'Included in Sample'. If there is a tick in this column then you will need to send us this candidate's work.