August update: GCSE and A level Geography results day
Welcome to your Pearson Edexcel Geography Results 2022 update. This update contains some useful results day advice for teachers.
We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone in schools and colleges for all your hard work in supporting your learners and helping to make sure they achieve the grades they deserve this summer.
Results day support - key information
Access key information and guidance for the results period for GCSE, International GCSE and A level Geography, including key dates, details of post-results services and grade boundaries.
Grade boundaries for GCSE and A level Geography are made available on results day. There are two grade boundaries documents – the overall subject level grade boundaries and notional paper boundaries.
Understanding results and grades - guide for students, parents and carers
This guide provides information about results day and beyond, from results slips and grade boundaries to university applications and certificates.
Ofqual and JCQ guidance on Summer 2022 grading
You can find updates on the Summer 2022 exam series from Ofqual and the Joint Council on the following links:
ResultsPlus is our free results analysis tool which lets you analyse your students’ results from the Summer series. You can sign in to ResultsPlus using your Edexcel Online username and password if your account profile has 'ResultsPlus access' granted by your Exams Officer.
Access to Scripts Service
You can also use our free Access to Scripts service to view your students’ marked exam scripts online or download as a PDF. It is available from results day until the 16 December 2022. Note, you will need 'Exam viewer' in your Edexcel Online profile if you want to download candidate scripts from results day. Please ask your Exams Officer if you need this adding to your profile.
We are running the following events in the Autumn term:
- Racial literacy in action: teaching race, identity and anti-racism (2 part course) - 14 September 2022 at 16:00 - 05 October 2022 at 17:30
- Practical steps to improve the diversity of your geography lessons 10 October 2022 16:00
- Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Geography B - Paper 2: Strategies for success 17 October 2022 16:00
- Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Geography A and B: Supporting lower ability learners 18 October 2022 16:00
- Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Geography A and B: Identifying learning gaps and intervention strategies 23 November 2022 16:00
- Pearson Edexcel A level Geography: Coursework marking training - Module 4: Live Q&A session 06 December 2022
Coming soon: We are currently planning Autumn term network events which will include feedback on summer 2022 as well events with a specific focus on GCSE and A level assessment. More details will be made available on our training page early in the Autumn term.