New 2018 Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Maths autumn mocks now available
We’re pleased to let you know we have released our Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Mathematics autumn 2018 mock question papers and mark schemes. This will be the fourth and final set of mock papers we provide.
You can download the mock papers from our website now, but we’re keeping them secure so you’ll need to access them via Edexcel Online. We’d like to keep these assessments secure for as long as possible to ensure that they can be used as mock exams. To achieve this we need your help. Please do not post these papers on your school website or other shared platforms. Thank you.
Making a difference
We hope that through the summer 2018 papers you have been able to see the results of the improvements we have made to our Foundation and Higher tier assessments. These improvements will continue throughout all our future GCSE 9-1 assessments moving forward. As such, we have ensured our 2018 mock papers further exemplify the following principles:
- the early questions on Foundation Tier papers are accessible to all students and will be mainly one mark questions
- the common questions which appear on both Higher and Foundation Tier papers are all accessible to students targeting grades 4 and 5
- appropriate language and contexts are used in all questions so that we are testing mathematical ability only
- there is a good coverage of topics tested each series, including those which are new to the curriculum
- the layout of the papers is reviewed to make sure diagrams are large enough and students have enough working space.
If you have any questions please do get in touch with the maths team at TeachingMaths@pearson.com.