Who is the CII?
The CII is the Chartered Insurance Institute.
They are a professional body dedicated to building public trust in the insurance and financial planning professions. Their strapline is 'Standards. Professionalism. Trust', embodying their commitment to driving confidence in the power of professional standards: competence, integrity and care for the customer.
How will this partnership benefit BTEC Business students?
We’ve agreed with the CII that five optional units in the Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Business (2016) will feature content that aligns with the two CII qualifications identified below.
UK financial services, regulation and ethics (CF1) requires:
- Unit 14, Investigating Customer Service
- Unit 30, Legal Principles and Professional Ethics in Financial Services
- Unit 31, Effective Management of Personal Debt
This means that, as well as being able to apply for free academic membership (usually £80), students can register to complete the CII qualifications knowing they have already completed much of the content. Qualifications will be offered at an academic rate.
For students that do decide to register for the CII qualifications, they will receive a free textbook, online revision pack, access to the student forum and past papers to practice with.
Completing the BTEC and any of the above qualifications offers an advantage when applying for related apprenticeships.
Students seeking a career in insurance and financial services will find the greatest benefit in this.
How can I make the most of the partnership between Pearson and CII?
We’re piloting this scheme throughout 2021/2022. If successful, it will be more widely available from 2022/2023.
CII qualifications cater for all levels of knowledge and experience, from new entrants through to seasoned professionals. They are designed in consultation with experienced sector practitioners and are registered with Ofqual in the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Success in CII qualifications is universally recognised as evidence of knowledge and technical expertise in the insurance and financial planning professions.
Financial Planning & Financial Services entry level roles of Administrator or Customer Services Advisor. These roles may lead to career progression of Paraplanner or Financial Advisor.
- Professional Body membership recognition by employers
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- E-Mentoring/Mentoring opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Member Discounts – Cinema, Shopping, Travel for starters!
- Free subscription to The Journal or Personal Finance Professional Magazine
- Events – roadshows, conferences, seminars etc nationwide - helping you to build your knowledge of the sector - and links with those already working in the profession