BTEC Nationals BTEC Nationals (2010) - registration and certification dates
September 2019 update: please note, following the recent announcement from the Department for Education (DfE) about pre-existing level 3 qualifications in England, we have made some changes to this page.
Registrations for BTEC Nationals (2010) in England only
Following the DfE consultation on post-16 qualifications at level 3 and below (excluding A Levels and GCSEs), some of our BTEC Level 3 Nationals (QCF) qualifications will no longer have funding approval from 1 August 2020. This applies in England and only to the qualifications where there is an equivalent redeveloped qualification (BTEC Level 3 Nationals (RQF)).
Registrations for BTEC Nationals (2010) in Northern Ireland, Wales and internationally - date extended to 31 August 2020
We will be making a small extension to the registration dates for the BTEC Level 3 Nationals (QCF) suite for centres in Northern Ireland, Wales and internationally. This information will appear on Edexcel Online and the funding hub.
Are there any exceptions?
Please note: there a number of exceptions to the extension, including:
- BTEC Nationals in Dental Technology - last registration date is already 31 August 2020, as required by the professional body.
- BTEC Nationals in Children’s Care, Learning and Development (CCLD) - will be extended for last registration 31 August 2021 in Northern Ireland only.
Here to help
Our Subject teams have created some short FAQs to explain what this means for funding, planning, teaching and learning.
We will be reviewing the demand for qualifications at a sector level, taking account of:
- the DfE Level 3 review of the public funding of qualifications
- whether there is suitable reformed provision available in that sector
- whether it is part of one of the new Trailblazer apprenticeships
- the level of demand in Wales, NI and international countries
We will update the content, where appropriate, for any sectors that we extend beyond September 2020.
No, as these qualifications do not contain external assessment.
Yes, this has not changed. Details can be viewed on the UCAS website.