New quality assurance model
We're rolling out a new Quality Assurance model to all work-based learning providers from Autumn 2017. For an overview of the changes we're making, please watch our video.
We're introducing a new role - Lead Standards Verifier (LSV). Your LSV will be a single point of contact, offering support for standards verification for your organisation all year round.
The new Quality Assurance (QA) model has been designed as a three way partnership between you, your LSV and Pearson. As your LSV will take a broader view across the WBL Standards Verifiers (SVs) allocated to your centre, they will be able to work with you and the SVs to ensure you are receiving a timely and effective standards verification experience.
This enables us to work together to quality assure certification ahead of claims. Find out more from the "How does the new Work-Based Learning Quality Assurance model work?" document.
Top FAQs for the new WBL QA Model
Qualifications included in the Lead Standards Verifier’s remit include:
- Level 1 -7 NVQs/SVQs and other competence based qualifications
- components of an Apprenticeship framework (Levels 1-7) excluding the Functional Skills suite
- stand-alone BTEC Specialist (Apprenticeship learners)
- BTEC Fire and BTEC Security qualifications
- new post 16 BTEC Technicals (If you deliver BTEC Firsts or Nationals, your BTEC Standards Verifier will also verify the new BTEC Technicals (all sectors)) (except the creative sectors, or where you deliver these programmes along slide BTEC Firsts or Nationals)
You will receive one visit from your Lead Standards Verifier, with further support throughout the year being provided remotely.
In the first year of the new approach, you will receive one visit from your sector-specific Standards Verifier. However, the exact frequency and duration of sector-specific standards verification visits will continue to reflect a centre’s performance, taking account of:
- number of assessment sites
- number and throughput of learners
- number and turnover of assessors
- number and turnover of internal verifiers.
For qualifications offering a License to Practice such as Security, Childcare, and Health, you will continue to receive at least two visits from your sector-specific Standards Verifiers.
Your sector-specific Standards Verifiers will still receive their allocations as normal in October.
If you have learners who require urgent certification, you may let them and your allocated Lead Standards Verifier know directly. Alternatively, you can let us know at BTECDelivery@pearson.com.