New International Foundation Programme for Higher Education in Business
Pearson have developed a new International Foundation Programme for Higher Education in Business to support students in preparing for higher education study, and future progression into BTEC Higher National qualifications. This level 3 programme will assist students in developing critical academic skills needed for entering BTEC Higher Nationals, resulting in potentially stronger performance and achievement in their studies at levels 4 and 5.
The programme will give your institution access to a wider range of potential BTEC Higher National students and improve future retention and success rates.
Broadening access to BTEC Higher Nationals
The programme is designed to help students due to enter higher education to secure the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to successfully progress on to the BTEC Higher Nationals in Business qualifications.
The programme includes contemporary business and transferable skills focused content that not only provides opportunities for students to develop skills and behaviours appropriate for higher education study but also for future lifelong learning.
Benefits to students
The new programme is aimed at students intending to continue their education through applied learning on the BTEC Higher Nationals in Business or undergraduate degree, but have not yet sufficiently met entry requirements for studying at higher education due to the following:
- They do not have the right qualifications to meet entry requirements for a BTEC Higher National in Business qualification.
- They are not yet ready for degree-level study.
- Are returning to study and feel they need further learning skills development to support their transition to study on an undergraduate qualification.
- Require additional language support to prepare for studying a qualification in English.
- Need to gain experience of studying a UK qualification that will support learning and development at level 4.
Recommended entry requirements
A typical student for the International Foundation Programme for Higher Education in Business wishes to continue their learning in higher education but does not have the right qualifications to meet the entry requirements. The entry profile for this student at this level is likely to include one of the following:
- a minimum of 12 years completed at secondary school with good grades
- a Pearson BTEC International Level 3 / International Advanced Level qualification or similar with insufficient grades to progress to HE study
- equivalent of the above qualifications within home country
- mature applicants with no formal academic qualifications but related work experience.
Stipulated English requirements include the following:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B1
- PTE General Level 2
- PTE Academic 36
- IELTS 4.5 or above (minimum Reading and Writing must be at 4.5 or equivalent).