The Department for Education (DfE) and Ofqual have confirmed their approach for issuing grades in summer 2021. You can find more detailed information on their website, but we've summarised the main points below:
- Exams will not go ahead as planned
- A teacher-assessed grades approach will be used for all UK-regulated qualifications, including GCSE, AS and A level, AEA and Projects
- Judgements will be quality-assured by awarding organisations
- Teachers will collate a ‘basket of evidence’ for pupils expecting to receive a grade this summer
- Students will be able to appeal their grades
- Results days will be on
- 10 August for AS and A level
- 12 August for GCSE.
We know that you're keen to start preparing for grading candidates for our UK general qualifications and to understand how this applies to international general qualifications. We'll make sure that you’ll have everything you need for each individual qualification at the very earliest opportunity.
To ensure you're kept fully informed, important information and updates will be shared with you via our Summer 2021 support page and our social media channels. We'll provide detailed guidance, user guides and videos as soon as possible, as well as enhanced support and training to help you in making the best decisions. This support will be delivered in stages and we'll let you know as soon as this becomes available.
In addition, we'll be providing support and guidance documents via the Pearson Professional Development Academy as well as running training sessions.