BTEC Higher Nationals New BTEC Higher Nationals
With so many students now seeking to enter the world of work, it is becoming more important for them to gain the right skills to secure a job when stepping into the outside world. That is why we're pleased to launch our newly redeveloped BTEC Higher Nationals.
Designed with involvement from universities, employers, students and professional bodies, the new BTEC Higher Nationals provide real world experience, as well as academic knowledge. This ensures students leave with expertise recognised by business and industry, and the flexibility to go straight into employment, or progress to a degree.
- A simplified structure allowing you to undertake a substantial core of learning in the BTEC Higher National Certificate and to build on this in the BTEC Higher National Diploma, with optional units linked to specialist areas of study.
- One general and six specialist pathways in the Level 5 Diploma, so there is something to suit your preference of study and future progression plans.
- Refreshed content that is closely aligned with professional body, employer and higher education needs for a skilled future workforce.
New student registrationsFrom 1 September 2016, all new student registrations on the Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Business will need to be made on the new Pearson BTEC RQF Higher Nationals in Business.
Phase two of our redevelopment process sees the release of six new qualifications will be available for first teaching in 2017.
They are the BTEC Higher National qualifications in:
- Construction and the Built Environment
- General Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering (UK Only)
- Art and Design.
To find out more about these qualifications, visit their specification pages.
Phase three - First teaching 2018:
The following BTEC Higher National qualifications have been regulated by Ofqual and will be launched in 2017 for first teaching September 2018 in:
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Hospitality Management
- International Travel and Tourism Management
- Performing Arts
- Creative Media Production
- Healthcare Practice
- Healthcare Practice for England
- Social and Community Work
- Public Services
- Animal Management
Research and development activities are in progress for the development of BTEC Higher National qualifications in:
- Applied Sciences
- Hair and Beauty
A key feature of our process in reviewing and updating our qualifications is to engage with Higher National providers in the areas we are currently researching and redeveloping.
If you would like to be involved in the redevelopment process either via consultation or via inputting into the writing or reviewing process (for which training and payment is offered), or you would just like further information on the development, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org