Changes to your BTEC Nationals (2016) in Sport - June 2016 update
In April, we updated you on the Department for Education (DfE) announcement regarding their final Lists of approved Applied General and Tech Level qualifications for 16- to 19-year-old learners in England, covering performance measures for 2018 results.
Following a successful review, we’re delighted to let you know that the BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Fitness Services (720 GLH) is now included on the Tech Level List.
Your new portfolio for first teaching in September 2016
The following BTEC National in Sport qualifications are now included on 16-19 performance measures for 2018 results, and are eligible for 16-18 and 19-23 entitlement funding.
- BTEC National Extended Certificate (360 GLH) - Applied General List
- BTEC National Foundation Diploma (540) - Applied General List
- BTEC National Diploma in Fitness Services (720 GLH) - Tech Level List.
Your options for the new academic year (2016/17)
- You can choose qualifications from your new BTEC Nationals in Sport (2016), as listed above.
- You can teach the current BTEC Nationals in Sport (2010) from September 2016. The following sizes are funded 16-18 and 19-23, although they won’t count in performance measures for summer 2018 results:
- Certificate (180 GLH)
- Subsidiary Diploma (360 GLH)
- Diploma (720 GLH)
- Extended Diploma (1080 GLH).
You can also teach the 90-credit Diploma (540 GLH), which is funded 16-18 only.
After further review, the following qualifications have not been included on the Lists and have been withdrawn:
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sports Performance and Coaching (720 GLH)
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sports Development and Coaching (1080 GLH).
Therefore, we’re developing new Applied General qualifications in the following sizes. We’ll make sure we keep you up to date about when these will be available for first teaching.
- BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Sport (180 GLH)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport (720 GLH)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (1080 GLH).
What’s coming in 2017?
We’re pleased to confirm that we’re in the process of developing the following qualifications for first teaching in September 2017:
- BTEC Level 3 National Certificate in Sport (180 GLH)
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sport (720 GLH)
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport (1080 GLH).
We’ll keep you up to date with progress as they develop.
If you want to discuss your options, email us at TeachingPEandSport@pearson.com.