Pearson Edexcel GCSEs Mathematics (9-1) from 2015
Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Maths - Autumn 2017 Mock papers now available
We’re pleased to let you know we have released our Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Mathematics autumn 2017 mock question papers and mark schemes.
These mock papers are available to download from our website now, but we’re keeping them secure so you’ll need to access them via Edexcel Online. We’d like to keep these mock papers secure for as long as possible to ensure that they can be used as mock papers. To achieve this we need your help. Please do not post these papers on your school website or other shared platforms, thank you.
Improvements to our question papers
We have listened to all your feedback on our summer papers, as well as commissioning our own research and analysing carefully the performance data from summer 2017. As a result, we will be making a series of developments to our question papers from summer 2018 onwards, which aim to improve students’ experience of sitting these papers.
Key principles that we will apply for all papers include:
- the early questions on Foundation Tier papers are accessible to all students and will be mainly one mark questions
- the common questions which appear on both Higher and Foundation Tier papers are all accessible to students targeting grades 4 and 5
- appropriate language and contexts are used in all questions so that we are testing mathematical ability only
- there is a good coverage of topics tested each series, including those which are new to the curriculum
- the layout of the papers is reviewed to make sure diagrams are large enough and students have enough working space.