GCSEs Interactive scheme of work
New interactive scheme of work - available now
Our brand new digital interactive scheme of work fully supports the new practical approach and assessment requirements of Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Computer Science 2020.
Our new, digital interactive scheme of work:
- recommends a practical teaching route and can be customised as much or as little as you want to support your level of specialism.
- will save you time and effort in identifying the best resources, where best to use them in the classroom and how to get the most impact from them.
- lesson plans, practical activities and solutions that have been written for the specification
- a wealth of resources to support teaching Python that have been designed for you and for your students
- specific links to high quality resources from leading pedagogical and industry organisations in Computer Science that have been chosen to support our new qualification’s practical approach including NCCE’s resource PG Online, Microsoft’s Make Code, CraigNDave’s YouTube resources and many more.
New Interactive Scheme of Work demo
The interactive scheme of work demo will provide you support on how to navigate yourself around the new digital platform by diving into its key features.
Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Computer Science - Interactive Scheme of Work demo
Each block of content is equivalent to one half term of work. Take a look at the table below to see when we're releasing each block.
|Block of content available on
the interactive scheme of work
|Yr 10-1 (Autumn)||Live now!|
|Yr 10-2 (Autumn) & Yr 10-3 (Spring)||July 2020|
|Yr 10-4 (Spring) & Yr 10-5 (Summer)||August 2020|
|Yr 10-6 (Summer)||October 2020|
|Yr 11-1 (Autumn), Yr 11-2 (Autumn)||October 2020|
|Yr 11-3 (Spring), Yr 11-4 (Spring)||October 2020|
Free to access
Our interactive scheme of work is free for anyone to use, and designed to be totally flexible and tailored to the way you want to teach, providing a range of different teaching options.
The interactive scheme of work can be used seamlessly with both the Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Computer Science Student Book and ActiveLearn Digital Service.
Already got a subscription to ActiveLearn Digital service?
There is no need to register. Simply log in as normal and click on the 'Schemes of work' tab to view the new interactive scheme of work.