Functional Skills Overview
Find out what support is available to help you deliver Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills, including training, resources and our free Initial Assessment Tool.
Initial Assessment Tool
Our free Initial Assessment Tool (IAT) can help you decide which level of Functional Skills English or Mathematics a learner should study.
Results Plus for English and Mathematics Functional Skills
Results Plus is our free service that provides you with behind-the-grade insight into your learners peformance in our Functional Skills exams.
We run a variety of training events to support you in delivering Functional Skills. Find out more and search available courses to book:
Our extensive range of free resources will help you plan and deliver Functional Skills, saving you valuable preparation time and making it easy to find the right material to inspire your learners.
Our free Functional Skills resources include:
- sample activities
- lesson plans
- sample schemes of work
- curriculum models
- mapping documents
- sample assessment materials
- complete delivery guides.
For the complete range of free Functional Skills resources, go to the course materials page for your subject and select 'teaching materials'.
Resources available to buy
We publish a number of resources that you and your learners may find helpful when delivering or studying Edexcel Functional Skills qualifications.
Edexcel’s Functional Skills Student Books and Teacher Guides help learners to develop the essential skills needed to pass Functional Skills tests and give you the support to plan and deliver these qualifications across Levels 1 and 2.
- are tailored to Edexcel specifications, so you know you’re covering everything you need to
- are packed with assessment practice materials, including mock papers and end-of-chapter tests
- provide comprehensive support and guidance to ensure you have the tools to teach and assess progress.
To find out more about Functional Skills Student Books and Teacher Guides, view sample material and order evaluation copies, explore these links:
Our Teaching and Learning Disks provide all the support, ideas and practical activities you need to deliver Functional Skills and help learners develop the skills they need for study, work and everyday life.
- All the material is provided on a CD, which can be uploaded to your Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- The resources can be customised to suit your learners’ needs and are perfect for all learning situations - in the classroom, in small groups, or for independent learning.
- Teaching notes and task-based activities provide ideas to help you contextualise learning for different sectors and apply it to everyday scenarios.
Integrated printable and e-activities can be used for either teacher-mediated or independent learning.
Our Teaching and Learning Disks are available in English and Mathematics, covering Entry Levels 1-3 and Levels 1 and 2.