GCSE and GCE PE Results Day update
In this update I will provide you with more information about
- Results Day
- Accessing individual centres moderators reports
- Access to scripts (ATS)
- Analysing the results
- Requesting a Review of Marking/Moderation
- Grade statistics
The GCSE and GCE results are on the following days
- 18 August 2022– results day for A level PE
- 25 August 2022 – results day for GCSE PE
Individual moderator reports for A level and GCSE PE coursework (NEA)
From results day you can download centre-specific moderator feedback for your coursework components: • Log in to Edexcel Online. If you've forgotten your password you can generate a reminder by selecting 'forgot password'
- Click on ‘home’.
- Select ‘GCE’ (or ‘GCSE’) from the qualification drop down on the left.
- Hover over ‘Results’ and select ‘Moderator Reports’
- Select ‘June 2022’ from the ‘Select a Session’ dropdown.
- Select your A level/GCSE coursework component from the subject dropdown.
- ‘Moderator Report’ will self-select.
- Click ‘submit’
- Your moderator’s report will appear in your Edexcel Online mailbox within 30 minutes. This video shows you how.
Access to scripts
After the results are published in August, centres will be able to view and download scripts which have been marked online, free of charge, from our self-service portal via Edexcel Online.
You should save and/or print any scripts you need for teaching and learning purposes before 16 December 2022 (for the Summer 2022 series).
Scripts do not have examiner annotation on them. The marked script allows teachers to evaluate how the student performed on particular questions in relation to what they have been taught; the Principal Examiner's report demonstrates how the mark scheme is applied.
If scripts have been marked "traditionally" (i.e. not online), centres will have to request them via the Post Results section of Edexcel Online as in previous exam series.
Candidate consent is required before requesting script copies, as per section 4.2 of the JCQ's Post-results services guide. Candidate consent can only be obtained after results have been published.
Review of marking/moderation
If you are not happy with your students' results this summer, you should take the following steps:
- View the grade boundaries, question papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports of the paper/qualification concerned – access the grade boundaries can be found online and question papers, mark schemes and examiners report can all be found on the GCSE PE and GCE PE qualification page.
- View your students’ scripts using the free access to scripts service.
- Log in to ResultsPlus to see how your students have performed on every question and compare their performance to the national average.
- If you are still unhappy with your students' results, you may apply for a review of marking via our post-results services. You can find everything you need to know about results day and post-results services on our website- including how to submit a request for post results service, declining grades, costs etc.
Post results deadlines
|RoMM, Service 1, 2 and 3||29 September 2022|
|RoMM Service 2P for A level||25 August 2022|
|Access to Script Post Review of Marking (ATSPE)||29 September 2022|
|Access to Script Original (ATSO)||29 September 2022|
|Access to Script Copy (ATSC)||16 December 2022|
Results statistics summarises the overall grade outcomes of candidates sitting Pearson examinations. You can access the grade statistics on the website.
These will be sent by 7 November 2022
Good luck and I look forward to supporting you next academic year.