New apprenticeships Digital Engineering Technician
About this role
This apprenticeship will typically last 36 months. Digital engineering technicians optimise the performance of built environment projects using digital models and software, sketches and electronic visualisations.
The apprentices will typically support digital engineers or other functional specialists in completing complex tasks using digital engineering techniques, specifically:
- Virtualisation and simulation of design, construction and management of assets
- Digital measurement of design, production and management of assets
- Communication of complex engineering principles to stakeholders digitally
- Integration of construction data and information throughout the whole lifecycle of the asset
- Adherence to the standards and regulation of digital information.
On this page
We provide a clear learning programme to take apprentices from entry through to the gateway for end-point assessment.
You can use our on-programme offer regardless of whether you are using Pearson as your end-point assessment organisation or not.
There are mandatory qualifications for this standard.
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
Pearson Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Built Environment Design
In order to meet the apprenticeship standard apprentices will be required to hold or achieve:
- Minimum of Level 2 English
- Minimum of Level 2 maths
As both a vocational and academic awarding organisation, we can offer a wide range of English and maths qualifications in line with your standards’ requirements from Functional Skills through to GCSEs.
English and maths resources
We have a wide range of resources and useful tools to complement your programme, including assessment tools, podcasts and training events.