Edexcel GCSE Modern Languages
Languages for all
We believe languages should be accessible to all abilities, and want every student to have confidence in what they can achieve.
We have the widest range of languages at GCSE and A level, with high-quality free support and subject experts across planning, teaching, tracking, assessing and training ‒ all in one place. Our Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) qualifications, free support and paid-for resources are all designed with the same 'Languages for all' approach.
You've told us that you'd like support in a range of areas, from grammar and translation, to culture, to planning. Here you'll find an overview of all our support. We also offer training events to help get you started and share ideas for teaching strategies.
- How to guide - incorporating culture into your classroom.
- Video tips - incorporating culture into your classroom.
- Approaches to using literary texts guide.
- Specifications that include popular, relevant cultural content.
- Free samples from Pearson's Student Books for Edexcel GCSEs in French (Studio), German (Stimmt!), Spanish (¡Viva!) and Chinese, with engaging, culture-focused content.
- European Day of Languages PowerPoint with fun and engaging activities to celebrate culture.
- ‘Approaches to translation’ guide.
- Video tips - grammar and translation.
- French, German, or Spanish Activities booklets featuring 20 translation exercises for your students.
- Free samples from Pearson's Student Books and workbooks for Edexcel GCSEs in French (Studio), German (Stimmt!), Spanish (¡Viva!) and Chinese, with engaging, culture-focused content.
- French, German or Spanish classroom grammar presentations.
- French, German or Spanish picture bank for use in writing activities.
- French, German or Spanish sample assessment material featuring translation tasks that gradually increase in demand.
- 'Approaches to using literary texts' guide.
- GCSE (9-1) French, German and Spanish Activities booklets with nine extracts and comprehension questions for your students.
- List of useful websites for sourcing authentic materials. See French, German or Spanish.
- 'Answering questions in the target language' guide.
- Guides to our rubrics are available for French, Spanish, German, Arabic, Greek, Italian, Russian and Urdu.
- Schemes of work for 2, 3 and 5 years, and course planners for a 2-year or 3-year GCSE in French, German, and Spanish.
- 2-year schemes of work and course planners for Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Urdu.
- Getting Started guides for teachers of French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Gujarati, Italian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish and Urdu. Most languages also have a guide for students.
- Subject advisor support and advice.