Pearson Edexcel GCSEs Training and events
Training and events
Join our history team at the wide range of events taking place across the country and online.
GCSE network events
Our GCSE network events are held across the country and are also available online. They give you the opportunity to share ideas and meet other teachers from your local area, as well as:
- consider key aspects of the assessments
- develop strategies for encouraging improved achievement in your History qualifications.
Access pre-recorded feedback sessions from the 2018 summer series
Access past content from the spring 19 and autumn 18 network events.
Getting ready to teach event documents
From autumn 2015 to spring 2017, we ran getting ready to teach events for History GCSE (9–1) across the country and online. These events allowed delegates to:
- discover more about the structure and content of the new specification
- discuss strategies for teaching the course
- explore question papers and mark schemes for each exam
- hear about the support available to guide practitioners through these changes
- get answers to questions about the new course.
To support teachers who were unable to attend an event, we've made the materials available in two different formats: PDF documents and pre-recorded presentations.
Access the full getting ready to teach training materials
The full materials used at the 5-hour face-to-face events are given below. The main presentation has embedded notes that will talk you through the specification content and assessment and tell you what other documents you will need to access along the way.
Simply follow these two easy steps:
Open the document called 'GCSE History Getting ready to Teach walkthrough 2016' and scroll through each page.
When you are prompted to refer to another document, simply find that document below and click on it to open.
Watch a pre-recorded presentation
This link will take you to a pre-recorded presentation, with audio talking you through the slides. The presentation is divided into four recordings:
- Part 1: Introduction, Assessment Objectives and Basic Principles.
- Part 2: Paper 1 - The Thematic Study.
- Part 3: Paper 2 - The Breadth Study and British Depth Study.
- Part 4: Paper 3 - The Modern Depth Study.
Sources and interpretations network event
We have run network events around the country and online on sources and interpretations in the GCSE (9-1) History qualification. The pack and the slides can be downloaded here: