BTEC Firsts Engineering Electronics and Computer Control Technologies (2014)
- Key stage 4 Performance tables in England for 2021 and 2022 results - February 2019 update
- More flexibility and choice in BTEC Firsts from September 2018
- One or more of these qualifications has expired for new registrations. Please check the last registration date below.
Here you’ll find support for teaching and studying our specialist BTEC First Award in Engineering Electronics and Computer Control Technologies. Through a combination of practical experience and written assignments, this vocational qualification provides level 2 learners with the knowledge, skills and understanding needed for a career in the sector.
Units include the engineered world, electrical and electronic circuit construction and testing, and computer applications in engineering.
- Qualification type:
- BTEC First
- Qualification title:
- Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Engineering Electronics and Computer Control Technologies
- Qualification framework:
- See the latest information on accountability measures
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH):
- Total Qualification Time (TQT):
- Qualification number (QN):
- Eligible for funding in England for:
Pre-16 (EFA funding),
16-18 (EFA funding)
- UK only
- First teaching:
- Last registration:
- 31 December 2019
- Final certification:
- 31 December 2021
Why choose this specification?
We've developed this qualification to inspire learners to consider a career in the engineering industry, and:
- give them the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the engineering industry
- support progression to a specialised level 3 vocational or academic course, to an Apprenticeship, or to employment in a wide range of junior job roles across the engineering industry, such as Service Technician or Product Design Engineer.
Find the right BTEC training course for you
Options evenings and open days
Advising students and parents on their options? Explore our BTEC case studies, guides and posters.
Assessment and results
Results support and post-results services
BTEC and accountability measures (England)
Succeed with BTEC
Be inspired - meet our National BTEC Award winners