BTEC Firsts Engineering Design and Product Investigation (2014)
Here you’ll find support for teaching and studying our specialist BTEC First Award in Engineering Design and Product Investigation. Through a combination of practical experience and written assignments, this vocational qualification provides level 2 learners with the knowledge, skills and understanding needed for a career in the sector.
Units include investigating an engineered product, interpreting and using engineering information, and engineering design.
- Qualification type:
- BTEC First
- Qualification title:
- Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Engineering Design and Product Investigation
- Qualification framework link text:
- See the latest information on accountability measures
- Qualification framework link:
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH):
- Total Qualification Time (TQT):
- Qualification number (QN):
- Eligible for funding in England for:
Pre-16 (EFA funding),
16-18 (EFA funding)
- UK only
- First teaching:
- Review date:
- 31 December 2019 ? This is the date by which we must have decided to extend, withdraw or replace a qualification.
- Last registration:
- 31 December 2019
- Final certification:
- 31 December 2020
Why choose this specification?
We've developed this qualification to inspire learners to consider a career in the engineering industry, and:
- give them the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the engineering industry
- support progression to a specialised level 3 vocational or academic course, to an Apprenticeship, or to employment in a wide range of junior job roles across the engineering industry, such as Service Technician or Product Design Engineer.
Create courses and assignments using myBTEC, a simple, step-by-step wizard.
Getting ready to teach
Options evenings and open days
Advising students and parents on their options? Explore our BTEC case studies, guides and posters.
Assessment and results
Results support and post-results services