Parents and Students
Our popular university recognition guides contain useful information about the recognition of Pearson Edexcel IAL and GCE A level by universities and qualification evaluators around the world.
- All Russell Group universities in the UK (including Oxford and Cambridge) accept Pearson Edexcel International A levels (IAL).
- UK universities accept Pearson Edexcel IALs as equivalent to GCE A levels on a grade for grade basis for admission.
- All Group of 8 universities (Go8) in Australia accept Pearson Edexcel IALs.
- Pearson Edexcel IALs are recognised by US universities including: Yale, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
- Pearson Edexcel IALs are recognised by top Canadian universities including: University of Toronto, University of British Columbia and McGill University.
- Pearson Edexcel IALs are recognised by universities across Asia including: University of Hong Kong, University of Tokyo, Chinese University of Science and Technology and the National University of Singapore.
- The new GCSE and International GCSE 9-1 scale offers universities greater detail about student performance.
Download the Edexcel IAL university recognition guide:
Download the Edexcel GCE A level university recognition guideto help understand which higher education institutions globally accept these qualifications for undergradate entry.
Download a list of universities by country that formally recognise Pearson Edexcel IAL qualifications. We update this list on an ongoing basis.
Where do Pearson Edexcel students actually go to university? You can view examples in our international university destinations document:
We understand that the process of applying to universities can be difficult. That's why we are working with universities and higher-education experts around the world to provide you with guidance via social media and free interactive webinars, giving you the information you need to help you apply.
Take a look at our popular study guides: ‘How to Study in the UK’, 'How to study in Canada' and 'How to study in Australia'. They contain information and advice on how to apply to universities in these countries.
Complete our form to download our free 'How to study in the UK' guide
Complete our form to download our free 'How to study in Canada guide
Download our free 'How to study in Australia' guide:
We have a wide range of webinars, presented by university and education experts, to support you as you embark on applying to universities internationally:
- Want to study in the UK? Watch our webinar (2015)
- Want to study in Canada? Watch our webinar (2015)
- Want to study in the US? Watch our webinar (2015)
- Want to study in Australia? Watch our webinar (2015)
- examWizard - this is a free exam-preparation tool containing a bank of past Edexcel exam questions, mark schemes and examiners' reports for a range of Pearson qualifications
- Access to Scripts - this free online service allows teachers and students to quickly download copies of exam scripts before submitting an enquiry about results
- ResultsPlus - this is a free online results-analysis tool for teachers that gives you a detailed breakdown of your performance in Edexcel exams
- Results-sending service - this service provides faster confirmation of student results for universities outside of the UK
Follow us on Facebook
The Extended Project carries UCAS points and is highly regarded by many universities.