BTEC in Science
Preparing learners for their future is what you do best. With a BTEC in Applied Science, they'll gain valuable hands-on experience which can take them straight into a career in the industry. To help them on their journey, we'll ensure that you have all the support, guidance and training you need.
Talk to us about BTEC
Considering teaching for the first time?
We understand every department and cohort are unique, we are here to help you explore our different BTEC Applied Science qualifications and help get you started.
Already delivering BTEC?
If you're already teaching BTEC and are looking for further help and guidance, our BTEC team is on hand to support you along the way.
Why teach BTEC Applied Science?
A BTEC in Applied Science is a great choice for students looking for a practical scientific qualification. The courses aim to provide students with the relevant skills and knowledge that employers value, as well as the confidence to progress into a fulfilling, exciting career.
Our newest qualifications
BTEC Nationals in Applied Psychology
For students looking for a qualification to complement their other subjects, our BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Applied Psychology are the ideal choice. The course allows students to explore the four key approaches in psychology – social, cognitive, learning and biological – and apply these approaches to issues relevant to contemporary society.
BTEC Nationals in Applied Human Biology
Our BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Applied Human Biology are a great choice for students looking for a career where they can make a difference to the health and lives of others.
The qualification allows students to explore how the human body functions at a genetic, cellular and tissue level through several options units.
Don't just take our word for it. Find out what teachers, employers and, most importantly, learners have to say about BTECs in Applied Science.
Teaching BTEC Applied Science at Star Academies
We interviewed Belinda McEvoy, a Science NQT teacher at Tong Leadership Academy. Belinda has been able to use her experience in the chemical industry to encourage her learners to apply their BTEC knowledge to real life industry examples.
Teaching BTEC Applied Psychology at Portsmouth College
Thinking about teaching BTEC Applied Psychology? We spoke to Amanda Bridger, Psychology teacher at Portsmouth College, about her experience of the qualification and why she would recommend it to other teachers.
Download your free poster
A printable periodic table is an essential tool for all BTEC Science learners. Share this free poster with your students to aid learning and revision.
Simply fill in your details now and you'll be able to download your free poster straight away.
What qualifications are available?
- BTEC Level 2 Technical in Laboratory Science (2017)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Laboratory Science (QCF)
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities (QCF)
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills
- BTEC Level 3 Nationals Applied Science (QCF)
- BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Applied Science (2016)
- BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Applied Human Biology (2018)
- BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Applied Psychology (2018)
- BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Pharmaceutical Science (2010)
- BTEC Level 3 Nationals Forensic and Criminal Investigation (2017/2018)
- BTEC Level 3 Nationals Dental Technology (2014)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Laboratory Science (QCF)