New apprenticeships Carpentry and Joinery
This level 2 apprenticeship will typically last 18-24 months. It is for carpenters and joiners carrying out skilled work, primarily using timber products, either on a construction site, or in a workshop, creating and installing building components.
This is a core and options apprenticeship, with two pathways:
- Pathway 1: A site carpenter will normally work on a building site, or in domestic and commercial premises, preparing and fixing building components, from the initial erection of a new building, through to the installation of all necessary fixtures and fittings, as well as a range of repair and maintenance activities.
- Pathway 2: An architectural joiner will normally be employed in a workshop producing timber based building components and other architectural products, such as doors, windows, units and staircases, which are then transported to construction sites to be installed by site carpenters.
In order to meet the apprenticeship standard apprentices will be required to hold or achieve a:
- Pearson Edexcel Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations
- minimum of Level 1 English and aspire to take a Level 2 English
- minimum of Level 1 Maths and aspire to take a Level 2 Maths.