A levels Mathematics (2017)
Why choose our specification?
Our AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics qualifications support great maths teaching to help students become confident and successful mathematicians.
- Our papers are designed in a clear and accessible way, with pure and applied mathematics assessed in separate papers to help students focus their studies.
- Papers are ramped in demand to help students build confidence through each exam.
- Our AS and A level specifications are also co-teachable, to help you manage valuable teaching time.
- We offer a wide range of options for AS and A level Further Mathematics, so you can tailor the course to your department’s and your students’ preferences.
- We provide students with the opportunity to either specialise and focus on a particular area such as statistics, or to choose two different options to broaden their area of study.
Increased pressure on teaching time means that it’s important you can cover the content of different specifications together. Our specifications are designed to help you co-teach AS and A level, as well as deliver Maths and Further Maths in parallel.
With the new linear exams, you’ll want to fully prepare your students and track and assess their progress.
- We’re providing lots of exam practice to help with this, including specimen papers, secure mock papers and practice papers.
- As part of the Pearson Progression Service, we also provide you with free topic tests and marking guidance, with further tests and reports available to help monitor and report on progress.
- You’ll have access to extensive teacher planning materials including our new, free interactive scheme of work, which links to free classroom assessments and materials, and works perfectly alongside our paid-for published resources.
- Retaining all the features you know and trust about the current series, our textbooks have been updated to closely match the Pearson Edexcel AS and A level exam structure, and are designed to work alongside our free qualification support such as our new interactive scheme of work.
- Plus, every textbook comes with free student-facing online content including GeoGebra interactives, calculator tutorials and SolutionBank to support independent learning.