Edexcel AS and A level Training and events
Training and events
Our training and events programme will help you to deliver the new AS and A levels in History with confidence.
AS/A level network events
At these regular face-to-face or online events you can join our AS/A level specialists to develop deeper knowledge of our History qualificiations. This term's events give you the opportunity to:
- look at how sources and interpretations are assessed
- talk through marked exemplar work
- discuss both common barriers and examples of what makes a high-level response
- network and share teaching ideas and strategies.
Access pre-recorded sessions from our network events.
Coursework marking training events
Our free coursework marking training events will help you apply the new mark schemes and understand how to mark coursework, so you can be confident you’re assessing students' achievements accurately.
Documents from previous events:
Mocks marking training event documents
Mock exams are key to gaining a snapshot of how students are performing during the linear GCE History courses. Our mocks marking training event documents will help you to apply the new mark schemes, so you can be confident you’re getting a clear picture of their achievement.
This pre-recorded training is an introduction to our online and face to face mocks marking training events.
It will give you an overview of:
- the assessment requirements of the new specification
- the new types of questions that exist within the revised papers
- how mark schemes are developed to match the question asked
- some sample student responses to questions
- how we can support you in marking your students' work.
Getting ready to teach events
Were you unable to attend one of our free face-to-face or online getting ready to teach events?
You can find all the materials that were used in our training events here:
Access training materials
Launch event documents
Our free launch events gave teachers and heads of department the chance to find out more about our new AS and A levels in History, for first teaching in September 2015.
If you were unable to attend one of our launch events, please download this presentation:
Free online teaching and learning materials
We offer a wide range of free online support materials to help you deliver the new Edexcel AS and A level History specification, including schemes of work and topic booklets.