Edexcel AS and A level Assessment support
We provide you with a wide range of materials, services and training to help you understand requirements of the new AS and A level in History coursework and exams.
Sample, exemplar and past papers
- a bank of exemplar student responses for different question types, with examiner commentaries.
- A level History exemplar responses packs (ZIP, 2.9 MB)
- past papers, with mark schemes and Examiner reports.
- accredited Sample Assessment Materials (SAMs), mark schemes
- specimen papers with mark schemes*
- pre-recorded training from marking and standardisation events.
Revision guides from Hodder Education are also available.**
Free coursework marking training events will help you apply the new mark schemes and understand how to mark coursework.
Coursework focus: carry out an historical enquiry, analysing and evaluating historical interpretations, and organising and communicating the findings.
Students form a critical view based on relevant reading on the question, problem or issue, and analyse, explain and evaluate the interpretations of three historians.
*You’ll need your Edexcel Online username and password to access these free resources. Your exams officer will be able to let you know your login details.
**No paid-for products and services are required to deliver Pearson Edexcel qualifications.