Edexcel A level Geography (2016)
Training and events
Our training and events programme will help you to deliver the new AS and A levels in Geography with confidence.
Geographical Association Annual Conference 2019
Our AS and A level Geography workshop, delivered by Bob Digby, focused on strategies for developing AO2. Delegates explored the assessment objectives and what they look like in practice, how the AOs relate to exam papers and question types, unpick the ‘Assess’ and ‘Evaluate’ command words and consider how best to support students with developing AO2 skills and writing ‘evaluatively’.
Geographical Association Conference 2018
Our A level Geography workshop, delivered by Bob Digby, focused on the A level Paper 3 synoptic investigation.
The workshop included guidance on:
- the three synoptic themes
- preparing students for the demands of the exam
- marking an exemplar response to the 24 mark essay.
A Level Geography Mocks Marking Training
These events will support teachers delivering our Edexcel A level Geography 2016 specification and will:
- Highlight the assessment requirements of the new specification
- Explore the paper structure and new types of question
- Review student responses to questions and understand how to accurately apply the mark scheme
Edexcel A level Geography Coursework Marking Training
These events are designed for teachers who are delivering our Edexcel A Level Geography 2016 specification and in the events will:
- Explore the coursework assessment criteria
- Look at examples of marked student coursework
- Carry out some marking on exemplar materials
- Address common issues and frequently asked questions
A level Geography Network Events - the Independent Investigation
During 2017, our A Level Geography network events have focused on:
- delivering the new A level Independent Investigation
- understanding the mark scheme for the non-examined assessments (NEA
- applying the mark scheme to NEA exemplars.
You can download the network event pack, including the examiner marked NEA exemplars here:
Geographical Association Conference 2017
If you missed our workshop on integrating geographical skills and preparing for the A level Independent Investigation, you can download the presentation and delegate booklet here:
Getting Ready To Teach Edexcel AS and A level Geography 2016
These events support teachers with the new Edexcel AS and A level Geography:
- discover more about structure and content of the new specifications
- discuss teaching and delivery strategies, including co-teaching
- explore question papers and mark schemes for each exam
- develop ideas for high-quality AS and A level fieldwork
- hear about the support available to help you every step of the way.