BTEC Nationals Training and events
To help you get the most from teaching your BTEC Level 3 Nationals qualifications, we offer a range of training events and online training support at various times throughout the year.
Whether you’re new to BTEC or would like a refresher, we’ve a range of training events and materials available to help you every step of the way.
Types of training available
These events take place at various locations and give you the opportunity to talk to experts and colleagues about delivering these qualifications. These can be:
- Network events - free events designed to provide you with an overview of the qualifications and the opportunity to discuss best practice with colleagues already delivering these qualifications.
- Getting Started: Ways to teach and assess events - free events covering all the key information around teaching, learning and assessing BTEC Nationals so you can get your course off to the best possible start. We’ll also include information on grading and ongoing BTEC support and include plenty of time during the day for you to review best practice ideas with colleagues.
- Enhancing Delivery events - these are half-day paid-for events and can be face-to-face or online. Here you have the opportunity to drill down further into the detail of the qualifications and focus on specific areas of delivery with practical ideas collated by the Senior Standards Verifier.
- Standardisation Marking events - face-to-face and online paid-for events specifically for those who assess learner work for the BTEC Level 3 Nationals internally assessed units to help you accurately assess against grade criteria.
- Lead examiner Summer series feedback events - pre-recorded paid-for events providing feedback from the Lead examiner for every question on the examination paper which can be downloaded and used in the classroom to help you support future learners.
These are live events delivered in a convenient way so you can access these events from your centre or home.
These can be accessed easily at a time that suits you and can be shared with colleagues and revisited as required.
In addition to our free training events you can also request centre-based training events chosen from our training portfolio and delivered in your centre at your convenience, these are paid-for events.
Moving from QCF to RQF BTEC Nationals
If you're moving to the latest RQF BTEC Nationals qualifications, we've created a series of guides across the range of sectors, to give you an overview of what to expect and what's different to the QCF qualifications you're familiar with.
Choose from the sectors below to view or download your RQF guide: