Results day and post results services
This update explains the post results services available to you if you're not happy with your results.
Results Day and Post Results Services
A level results day for the Summer 2016 series is 18 August 2016.
Enquiries about results (EAR)
If you're not happy with your students' results this summer, you should take the following steps:
- Log in to ResultsPlus for an instant and detailed analysis of your students' exam performance. See how they have performed on every question and compare their performance to the national average.
- You can download a copy of the Principal Examiner's Report for each paper from ResultsPlus on results day. They will be available on the relevant qualification page shortly after results day. The Summer 2016 question papers and mark schemes are already available to download from thespec pages.
View the question papers and mark schemes
- If, having checked ResultsPlus and the relevant mark schemes and examiners' reports, you're still unhappy with your students' results, you may apply for a review of marking via our post-results services.
More on Results Day and post-results services
- Please remember that the last date for us to receive applications for reviews of marking services is 20 September 2016. The deadline for requesting a Priority Service 2 review of marking (For GCE, where a student's place in further/higher education depends on the outcome) is 26 August 2016. The deadline for requesting access to scripts to support teaching and learning is 4 October 2016. A summary of the key dates for all qualifications can be found on the post results page of the website.
Here's a summary of the fees charged for these services:
|Service 1 - clerical check||£10.30|
|Service 2P - priority post-results review of marking||£46.00|
|Service 2 - post-results review of marking||£38.60|
|Service 3 - review of moderation of internally assessed coursework||£200.00 minimum (up to five candidates) and £15.50 for each additional candidate|
|Access to script - original script||£7.75|
|Access to script – photocopy or post review of marking||£10.30|
Fees will not be charged:
- where the EAR leads to a change in the overall subject grade for the student
- if, for Service 3, centre marks are reinstated.
View the full list of fees
Concerns about an entire class
Significant under-marking on a paper does not happen often, but if an issue is identified, we will always seek to address it via an 'extended review of marking'.
You will need to submit a representative sample of about 10% of the centre’s total cohort (a minimum of 8 candidates). Very large centres need not submit more than 20 requests. At least half the sample would need to see mark changes of more than 5% of the total raw mark (not the uniform mark) for the paper for an extension to be agreed.
Where we initiate an extended review of marking, centres will not be charged a fee.
Please speak to your exams officer if you wish to proceed with an Enquiry About Results. Exams officers should contact their Centre Account Specialist on 0844 463 2535 if they require further information or guidance on EAR services. All applications for EAR must be submitted through Edexcel Online. If you can't submit your request via Edexcel Online, please contact your Centre Account Specialist on the above number.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of an EAR (enquiry about results), you may wish to appeal against the decision. We will allow the head of centre (or designated member of the centre’s senior management team or examinations manager) 14 calendar days from the receipt of the outcome of the EAR, during which an appeal may be lodged by writing to the following address:
Office One90 High Holborn
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We cannot accept appeals directly from candidates, their parents or other third parties acting on their behalf. However, private candidates may appeal directly without the support of the entering centre.