February 2023 BTEC Performing Arts update
with half term around the corner, here is your February 2023 update with all the latest news on our BTEC Performing Arts qualifications.
In this update you will find:
- BTEC Level 3 Performing and Production Arts update
- New Marking and Moderation training event recording
- Tech Award 2017 Component 3 Guidance and Support
- Timetables for spring term
- Accessing Externally Assessed Tasks
- New Training Events BTEC International Performing Arts
- BTEC Tech Award in Performing Arts (2022) updates
- New FAQ guidance for Components 1 and 2
- Guidance for selecting existing professional repertoire
- Assessment tracker tool
- Support and Contact
The Department for Education (DfE) have released information about the future of level 3 qualifications for 16+ learners.
You can find a lot of useful guidance on our website:
For Performing Arts and Production Arts - which won't have T-Levels - we are hoping to be able to offer both small and large alternative academic qualifications (AAQs) from 2026.
For the meantime, we expect that the current range of level 3 qualifications we offer in the sector will still be available and fully funded until 2025. These include Performing Arts, Performance, Performing Arts Practice and Production Arts Practice.
We would like to invite you to help influence this next generation of BTEC Nationals. We want to ensure we capture the teacher and learner voice in our qualifications and support materials.
To help with marking and moderation of Components 1 and 2 we have released a recorded support session.
This provides guidance on:
- applying the new marking grids
- how to record marks and provide learner feedback
- how different characteristics of learner work meet marking criteria at different mark bands
- an overview of the moderation process
- submitting marks and samples of learner work for moderation
To help teachers and students prepare for this year's Component 3 task, we have produced some guidance and support, including a recorded discussion with the Chief Examiner for C3, Helen Turner, a recorded performance and the written activities for three learners.
We hope you find these useful and inspiring.
You can find the timetables for the externally assessed units and components for spring and summer assessments on our website
You can find the externally assessed tasks for Component 3 (Tech Award), Unit 1, 3, 5 and 7 (Nationals) and Unit 1: Individual Showcase (BTEC Firsts) on our Secure Tests webpage.
Only your exams office can download these tasks, so please ask them if you you need to access the materials
Forthcoming Release Dates
Unit 5 Individual Performance Commission: 13 Mar 2023
Unit 7 Employment Opportunities: 20 Mar 2023
|Introduction to Teaching the International BTEC Level 3 in Performing Arts||10th February||7:00-9:30 Uk time|
|Introduction to Teaching the International BTEC Level 2 in Performing Arts||4th May||9:00-11:30 Uk time|