Pearson Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies B (2016)
Training and events
Join our Religious Studies team at free events taking place across the country and online.
Mocks Marking Training Events - New
Mock exams will be key to gaining a snapshot of how students are performing during the new qualification. Our Mocks Marking Training events will help you apply the new mark schemes, so you can be confident you’re getting a clear picture of their achievement.
Course description and supporting documents
This pre-recorded training is an introduction to our online and face to face Mocks Marking Training events.
It will give you an overview of:
- the assessment requirements of the new specification
- the new types of questions that exist within the revised papers
- how mark schemes are developed to match the question asked
- some sample student responses to questions
- how we can support you in marking your students' work
Free Getting Ready to Teach events
To support teachers delivering our new Edexcel GCSE (9–1)* in Religious Studies B, we're running free Getting Ready to Teach events.
At these events, you can join our experts to:
- consider the structure, content and assessment of the new qualification*, and the support available to guide you through the changes
- explore possible teaching and delivery strategies for the new qualification, including co-teaching the full and short courses
- explore the question papers
- have the opportunity to network, discuss best practice and share ideas with other teachers.
What's more, these events count as 5 CPD hours, and are a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other teachers.
* We'll give you the most up-to-date information available in our training events, and will make the latest presentation available for you to download.