A levels Economics B (2015)
Training and events
Our events programme will help you to deliver the new AS and A levels in Economics B with confidence.
Professional Development Academy
Our brand-new Professional Development Academy provides access to a wide range of high-quality training courses to support you deliver our Pearson Edexcel A level Economics qualifications with confidence.
We have a range of on-demand, live and self-guided courses available, creating flexible learning options at a time and place that suits you.
To browse our extensive range of training events and courses visit the Professional Development Academy.
Mocks Marking Training events - new
Mock exams will be key to gaining a snapshot of how students are performing during new, linear AS and A level Economics courses. Our Mocks Marking Training events will help you apply the new mark schemes, so you can be confident you’re getting a clear picture of their achievement.
Edexcel A level Economics B - Mocks Marking Training IntroductionPlay
This pre-recorded training is an introduction to our online and face to face Mocks Marking Training events. It will give you an overview of:
- the assessment requirements of the new specification
- the new types of questions that exist within the revised papers
- how mark schemes are developed to match the question
- asked some sample student responses to questions
- how we can support you in marking your students' work.
Getting ready to teach events
As part of the support we're providing to help you with delivering the new Edexcel AS and A level Economics B qualifications, we're running free Getting Ready to Teach events from March 2015.
Each full-day event will look at how the new specifications can be delivered in the classroom.
Book your place at one of these free events to learn about:
- the structure, content and assessment of these new qualifications, and the support available to guide you through these changes
- possible teaching and delivery strategies, including co-teaching AS and A level
- new topics for Theme 1 and Theme 2 and how to plan your teaching of them
You'll also have the opportunity to network with other teachers, discuss best practice and discover more about the full range of support we'll provide.