BTEC Specialist qualifications Professional Investigators (L3)
Here you’ll find support for teaching and studying the Level 3 BTEC Specialist Award for Professional Investigators. This qualification helps boost learners’ career prospects by giving them the skills, knowledge and understanding that employers look for. It covers the understanding and skills needed to operate as a professional investigator, including planning and gathering information for investigations.
- Qualification type:
- BTEC Specialist qualification
- Qualification title:
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award for Professional Investigators
- Level 3
- Accreditation status:
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH):
- Total Qualification Time (TQT):
- Qualification number (QN):
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- Review date:
- Thu Jun 30 14:03:00 UTC 2022 ? This is the date by which we must have decided to extend, withdraw or replace a qualification.
- Final certification:
- Sun Dec 31 17:29:00 UTC 2023
Why choose this specification?
Professional investigators do not currently require a licence to practise. However, in 2013 the Home Office announced its intention for the SIA to regulate private investigation activities. This is expected to come into force from 2015.
Based on the SIA specifications for core competency training for private investigators, this qualification covers the skills and understanding needed to operate as a professional investigator, including planning and gathering information for investigations.