March 2016 work-based learning and colleges update: Healthcare sector
This month's Healthcare sector update includes information on new qualification developments and recruitment for Health Screener Standards Verifiers.
Pearson has been working with Public Health England, Skills for Health and Health Screener experts to develop new units and a new qualification for learners wanting to progress into the following job roles:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurism Screener
- Diabetic Eye Screener
- Diabetic Eye Grader
- Diabetic Eye Screener Grader
- Newborn Hearing Screener.
The new qualification is called Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma for Health Screeners and will be available from 1 April 2016.
If you would like more information, please contact your account specialist or contact us.
Health Screener Standards Verifiers
Pearson is recruiting Standards Verifiers for the new Health Screener qualification.
You will have to meet the following requirements:
- Be able to show evidence of occupational competence from working in the Diabetic Eye/Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm/Newborn Hearing area in the past five years
- Hold or be working towards External Quality Assurance Award
- Complete relevant CPD on an annual basis.
You do not need to be a qualified Assessor or Internal Verifier to apply for this role.
Closing date: 29 April 2016 at midnight.