Applying special consideration for GCSE PE
Find out more about applying special consideration for GCSE PE.
As the moderation window comes to an end, I am aware that there are many candidates who have not been able to participate in the formal assessment/moderation day due to injury/illness and you need to apply for special consideration. The special consideration form for GCSE PE has been updated, please download the form below:
Please ensure that you complete one form for each candidate. For further guidance on how to complete the form, please view a short video on the link below:
When you submit a special consideration form you must submit one of the following pieces of evidence to support the application:
- Medical evidence e.g. hospital appointment/physio letter/ letter from consultant
- JCQ Form14 (self certificate)
- Letter for Head of Centre/Head of PE on headed paper.
On the form there is a box headed ‘Reasons for special consideration here’. When you complete the form you must also provide as much information as possible to explain why a candidate could not participate in moderation day/formal assessment. You should explain:
- Candidates condition
- Date the candidate is unable to participate e.g. candidate was unable to participate in the moderation day which was 1 April 2014 because they are still injured and recovering from a broken leg.
- Any other information that the centre may think is relevant.
Please view the video which gives examples of how to complete the form.
- If you complete this form you no longer need to send the PE2MS or PE2AS form to Pearson
- We will accept applications for summer 2015 even if they are 7 days after the moderation day.